Thursday, October 16, 2014

Halloween Costume 2014 and The Plague

Before I move on to important things (like The Plague being at our house) let me tell you about my cellular device. I got a new phone back in June because mine got dropped and the face shattered. Adam ordered a new face off of Ebay and fixed it (for the 2nd time). When he has to do this it is like an Olympic event at our house. I have to clean the bar off. I have to take the children to a location that doesn't cause a lot of distractions. He has to get out the hair dryer, tweezers, flashlight, and a set of tiny little tools. He has done this for me so many times that we have a zip lock bag in the drawer labeled "Phone Cover Kit". Before you judge me let me say that I always have a case on my phone but my children have a way of slamming it down that causes the case to be irrelevant. Anyway it was time for an upgrade and that phone was never the same, so I got a new one in June. That phone has been kind enough to remind me every few days that "Your iPhone has been backed up in ___number of weeks." And I kept meaning to do that, but with our sophisticated satellite internet it is not possible to do at home. It would take somewhere around 3 days to do. Weeeelllllll. Elynn dropped my phone 2 weeks ago while we were up at the new house and (you guessed it) shattered the face. I gasped in horror. Adam had already told me that he was not changing the face of another one. Over the weekend something happened and the touch screen went out. As in, I couldn't touch it and make anything happen. I took it to the Apple people Monday and wouldn't you know that they couldn't do anything with it. They gave me a "new" one and I lost all my pictures. Again. (I use the term "new" loosely because I have no doubt this is a refurbished that will probably die as soon as the warranty expires)  This makes the 3rd time in my iPhone history that I have lost my pictures. One wasn't my fault though. Remember when it got stolen at Target? I'm still pretty hot about that incident. What gets me though is that I can't seem to learn my lesson. Back the phone up Elena! Thankfully though all the pictures that I really cared about are on one social media or another.

Friday we had a shower for Allison and we did our annual Halloween costume picture. There was a crying pumpkin, lamb, and scarecrow.

From left to right: Reese is Little Bo Peep, Addie is Raggedy Ann, Jaylee is a pumpkin, Elynn is Little Bo Peep's lost sheep, Lawson is a scarecrow, MaKenna is Elsa, Anna Kate a cheerleader, and Emmalee a football player. Madilyn is on the run as a peacock.

Reese and Addie painted each other's faces.


Saturday we had family pictures planned. It rained all day, but I already had the smash cake and everything so we went on with them. By 7:00 that night Reese was up in Adam's lap sleeping because "my tummy won't let me go to the bathroom." She promptly held her head up and threw up for the next 4 hours. I could see the panic in Adam's eyes because he has thrown caution to the wind lately and hasn't been drinking his tummy bug juice. She said things like "I don't like to frow up. Take me to the doctor" and "Momma don't buy any more of those Pri Suns cause they make me frow up."

Sunday she felt better but napped from 12-4:30. I thought for sure Jesus was coming back because in all of her four years combined she has never napped more than 20 minutes.

She woke up and was back to her normal self. Elynn is really bad to pull hair. She pulls/plays in mine to go to sleep, but she pulls Reese's really hard. Reese always says, "it's okay Elynn. You can pull my hair if you want to." Sunday I popped Elynn's hand for pulling it. Elynn started crying and so did Reese. Here she is comforting her about it. It was so sweet.

They quickly went back to this though. And this? This is my favorite. Look how precious.
(P.S. Adam ended up sick Tuesday and Wednesday. It's all because he hasn't been hitting the hard stuff every day like he knows he should when school is in session and viruses are running rampant.)

House update: We dodged a bullet after my last post. We were expected to get 2 inches of rain and our shingles had not been put on yet. The Lord smiled on us and we did not get one drop. They put the shingles on that next week. The plumbing and electric is done, windows and exterior doors went in yesterday, and siding is going up today. We are waiting on HVAC and spray foam insullation before the sheet rock guys come.

This is the living room. Fireplace will go up the middle of the vaulted ceiling.
 And this...This is my favorite. I saw a picture on Pinterest and copied it. The transom window is not across the top yet, but that is an 11 ft window that takes up the whole wall in the dining room. I. Love. It. We have a long table that was at my parents when I was growing up that we are planning to use in front of it. I have this mental picture of some fancy upholstered chairs to go at the ends....that's probably one of those things I will still be wanting to get 20 years from now. 

And this is the master bedroom window off the back.


No comments:

Post a Comment