Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Elynn is ONE!

Our favorite baby sister turns 1 at 5:29 this afternoon. This is my favorite picture from her party. It is also one of the few times she wasn't crying at her party. 



A year ago today I went to Target, drank a Starbucks, and browsed around before my 10:00 appointment. Her due date was still 2 weeks away. I cried the ugly cry when Dr. Ballard told me I was 5-6cm, and she was going to keep me. We all remember how the epidural went with Reese... Well...maybe you don't remember, but I do and I was SHOOK up about having another one. But it all went so well that I declared just after her delivery that I might consider having another one. Her delivery was easy, and she has continued that trend by being the most easy going person at our house. Although lately she has started making sure she is heard. She regularly screams at Reese, but that is partly because Reese is trying to love her to death. I never imagined that Reese would handle Elynn's arrival as well as she did. Reese loves her so much, and wants so badly for Elynn to love her back. I desperately want them to be close. I'm sure that is a lofty goal considering girls love nothing more than to argue with each other, but I remain SO thankfully that we got 2 girls. (It doubles mine and Adam's chances of one day getting to live with them rather than being put in a nursing home. We all know the chances of daughters caring for their aging parents is much higher than that of a son caring for them. ;)) 






Happy Birthday sweet E-lee! We love and adore you!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment