Monday, December 12, 2011

Letters from Lodia and other random thoughts

You know what makes me laugh. You other mothers out there can hopefully relate. Sometimes I will ask Adam to watch Reese for a minute (for instance while I use the restroom) and then I might ask him to do something small (for instance take something out of the oven) and he will say, "I can't. I'm babysitting". You never hear the momma saying, "Sorry I can't cook supper. I'm babysitting". Or, "sorry I can't wash the clothes. I'm babysitting." He is trying to make me laugh when he says stuff like this. And, for the record, it isn't babysitting when it's your kid. It is called parenting. But to his credit as he says this he almost always headed to do whatever I asked him to. A-master is a good man. Good, good man. And, might I add, a good babysitter.

The above story was purely hypothetical.

Friday night Adam and I went Christmas shopping. We stopped by and spoke with Santa and from the way things sound Reese is getting something really fun. Adam has doubts that she will play with it, but isn't that the risk you always run with the kiddies?


I ran across these snazzy Dorothy shoes while out shopping and I knew the girl would love them. Or, at least, her momma would. When she wears them she looks down at her feet. I guess because they are so bright. I would have loved these as a kid.


When I really need to distract Reese so that I can get some things done, or if I just need a moment without carrying 20 lbs on my hip I pull out the rocking chair. We have to hide it from her most of the time because when that chair comes out she turns into a little fearless rebel. Last week she was rocking her little heart out and when I got the camera out she crashed and burned. I was sitting right beside her and the chair broke her fall, but as MeeMaw and PeePaw were sure to point out this could have been a dangerous. Yet so funny:)



On another note we received our first letter from Lodia on Friday. A case worker translated and wrote what she said. On the back she drew a little flower. My favorite part was the end when she says, "I love you". I had just mailed off our first letter to her along with a picture of us which is what World Vision recommended doing. We also have a few small gifts to be mailed soon.


Currently, our satellite has gone out so we are spending a lot of time just staring at each other. This just thrills Adam because now we are going to have the satellite people come out and fix it along with adding HD and DVR upgrades. Santa has come early to see the hubs;)

No comments:

Post a Comment