Thursday, December 1, 2011

All I want for Christmas

is for everybody that I love and adore to be healthy and happy. And I want everybody to not get so stressed over the holiday silliness and just remember the real reason for the season. And peace on Earth and all that jazz. That's really all I want, but Adam just KEEPS on at me to give him a list of a few things I would like. 5 things were his requirements.

A Kavu purse like this.

Photobucket

I realize these are probably on the verge of going out of style. What? Already out of style? Say it isn't so. Well let me tell you about my purse these days. I don't carry one. I put my phone, keys, and my wallet (when I don't forget it at home) in Reese's diaper bag. But you know the problem with that? Sometimes (rarely) she isn't with me. Then I find myself carrying those 3 items in my hands. DANGEROUS! Wednesday, after I went to a workshop, I did a little shopping. When I got to the checkout I realized that OH MY GOODNESS MY KEYS! WHERE ARE MY KEYS?!?!? Right where I left them. At the photo center. They were promptly returned to me. But you see how dangerous to my sanity this is, right? I think one of these little jewels would be the perfect solution since I can just sling it across me and not have to worry about it falling off my shoulder etc. Anyway, one of those would be nice. In a solid color. Maybe black.

I adore TOMS. Really I want a pair in every color. But for now I would take these.



Photobucket
I tried them on and instantly loved them. I think I like this color, but then I saw these and I am torn.

Photobucket
What do you think? If you don't like TOMS have you tried them on? Because I was the first to make fun of them, but they will change your little piggies lives. Adam went to great lengths to get me a burlap pair last year. (P.S. Thanks Adrienne and Adam H for making that stop in Troy and getting those. They made my Christmas complete.)(P.S.S. I noticed that Reese had a pair of Tiny TOMS on her list this year.)

I could also find a use for this latte maker

Photobucket


I go my McDonlds, oh, at least 4 times a week for a caramel latte. My only fear for this gift is that I would never be able to make one as good as McDonalds therfore I would never use it. So this is an iffy gift. What do you think? Would it be a mistake that would do nothing more than take up counter space?

This next one is a stretch. I'm not sure Santa could pull it off. And I am not sure that I even want to tackle this. But wouldn't it be just lovely if I woke up on Christmas morning and our extra bedroom had been transformed into a craft room like this one..

Photobucket
Or, oh my, I do like this one...

Photobucket
Or this one. Definitely this one.
Photobucket

I love crafts. Not that I'm good at them, but 90% of the time I have some sort of craft project strewn across the bar in the kitchen. My recent addiction to Pinterest has done nothing to help this problem. And recently I have been flirting with the idea of getting MeeMaw to teach me how to sew. But then I question why I would want to do that. I can't even get on the elliptical without holding Reese. She would never allow me to sew. I think Adam is tired of all the projects. He has really been wanting to turn the extra bedroom into a craft room, but I have hesitations. Like what if we want another baby in a few years? Then I will have to turn that room into a nursery, and find somewhere for all my stuff and yada, yada, yada. It is exhausting to think about.

Adam, I realize that is only 4 things. 2 if you want to be exact since the latte maker is an iffy and the whole craft thing is a difficult Christmas gift, but work with me here. You can always give me a Hobby Lobby gift card.

How about y'all? Do y'all do spouse Christmas gifts?? Or pool your money and buy a joint gift?

3 comments:

  1. So, I just got to start carrying a purse about a year ago, too! Even when the boys got bigger I would always throw my stuff in their backpack. I too would get so aggravated when I realized I didn't have one of the kids with me to throw my stuff in the backpack! Ummmm, craft room, DEFINITELY!!!!!! I have been looking at getting tables at Target like the one in the top picture and putting a top on it. I. Would. Die!!! It would be a dream! And, speaking of pooling money together, Bryan just said today that our pool is our gift to each other for the next 15 years!! Ha!!! That's ok though, I'm happy with that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once I started carrying a purse again, it BECAME the diaper bag! For Example: JB would say "Here, throw these cups... and these diapers and wipes.. and a few toys in your purse so we don't have to tote this bag inside". Really?? You see where I'm going with this? No matter what you carry... it will end up being the diaper bag! But on a side note, I love the shoes!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I vote for one of the craft tables, but lets put it in the mini Hobby Lobby room in my house. The second pair of shoes have you name all over them!

    ReplyDelete