Sunday, December 18, 2011

Never Grow Up

Your little hands wrapped around my finger
And it's so quiet in the world tonight
Your little eyelids flutter cause your dreaming
So I tuck you in, turn on your favorite night light


To you, everything's funny
You've got nothing to regret
I'd give all I have honey
If you could stay like that


Oh, darlin don't you ever grow up, don't you ever grow up
Just stay this little
Oh, darlin don't you ever grow up, don't you ever grow up
It could stay this simple

Won't let nobody hurt you

Won't let no one break your heart

And even though you want to

Please try to never grow up




(Here's a link to Taylor Swift's song Never Grow Up. If you have a child brace yourself before you listen. It made me emotional.)

2 comments:

  1. I know I am from the old school, but that baby needs a blanket to cover with. Love that precious baby.

    ReplyDelete