Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Clark W. is baaaack


Clark W. Griswold is back, and he has a protege. It's disturbing. By next year I fully expect her to be on the band wagon with him insisting on an all colored lights display, and a circle drive for onlookers to get the full experience. She followed around after him dragging his lights and begging to "hep ou" (help you).


She picked the snowman out last year and gave it to her daddy for Christmas. It has been a hit this year. Every time we drive up in the yard she tells us all about her snowman.  

While they strung the lights and (Adam) recited every line of Christmas Vacation these 2 begged for attention. They are never far away when we are outside.
You know what scared me about Autie (the little one) when I looked at this picture? Gasp. Does she look like me? Please say no. Why do I think she looks a little like me? I used to be her human until Reese came along and took Autie as her very own. She is the sweetest dog of all time, but don't tell Adam because he is a little more fond of the big dog.
Back to what's important. Her little face lights up every time she sees Christmas lights and/or Santa. We went to the parade last night and she was so excited about Santa and the horses.
She likes to give the snowman high five.
She found these antlers at Target and, of course, we came home with them.
The little bushes in the front are the start of the colored light takeover. He bought them while I wasn't looking.

I had a little talk with Santa and decided that we wouldn't be getting an elf from his workshop this year. I didn't think Reese would care, and I was afraid I couldn't pull off all the cute-sy stuff those little critters do. I was dead wrong about Reese. Not so much about myself. Fiona arrived last week, but she is under strict orders that there will be no funny business while I'm sleeping. She is allowed to hide in different places every night, but she is not allowed, under any circumstances, to make a mess. Ever. Reese was excited because Fiona has earrings just like her.
Oh, and we also don't obey the "no touching or it takes their magic away" rule. She holds Fiona all the time. She even insist on taking her to daycare every morning. Fiona stays in her bag and watches her all day.

One morning Fiona was making oatmeal which, according to Reese, is the most exciting thing she has done. She has also been known to hide in Reese's stocking, and get into the cookie jar.

As soon as I decide which one we are going to use Reese is going to see an ENT. Her tonsils are so big they almost touch, and she snores like a 400 pound man which causes her to stop breathing for several seconds at a time. We originally had an appointment tomorrow, but I heard some not so great things about the doctor so I'm waiting for another referral. When I made this picture she was sawing some major logs;)



5 comments:

  1. I love the lights on your house. I am jealous that Adam puts lights up in the gable. Justin absolutly refuses to get up there to put lights in ours. He is afraid of the slippery metal roof I guess.

    Oh and I also love Reese's hat in the pics. You must share where you got it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well at least Clark is willing to decorate outside- Jay is not. I did the little bit that is on our front door and do do you know what he had the nerve to say,? " Well, Ollie it looks pitiful from the road. Really pitiful" I could have k picked him out. So send over Adam and Reese to fix my pitiful job!!!
    Your house looks great!!! I will second that I love Reese's hat- too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. * that should say knocked him out....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the lights and decorations ! and sweet Reese is just precious in that cute hat and following her daddy around helping !! they are " making memories " .. keep posting sweet girl ! I love reading them. love Bev

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the picture of Reese in the antlers!!
    And your house looks so good!
    And we have an elf...that sometimes forgets to move....and Ellie carries him around all the time. ;) We'll work on it next year!!

    ReplyDelete