Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Thanks to Pinterest {again}

After we found out we were pregnant I got out a bag to hold all the stuff we were accumulating for baby #2 (congratulation cards, paper work from the doctor, the note I made for Reese to give her daddy notifying him she was going to be a big sister etc).

After the miscarriage we got so many sweet cards, and several people were even nice enough to bring meals to our house. We also had a sonogram picture from our first visit to the doctor at 8 weeks. Every day when cards came in the mail after the miscarriage I would leave them on the bar for Adam to read when he got home. I knew I wanted to keep all of the cards along with all the stuff already in the "keepsake" bag. I also knew that I absolutely did not want to put the sonogram picture into that bag that would eventually make its way to the drawer in our bedroom that holds all of the sentimental things we've acquired during our marriage. You know those things...the things you run across once in a blue moon when you clean out your drawers. The sonogram picture was not going to fall into that category.

I was browsing pins on Pinterest one day and I saw it. A pin that said, "what to do with all those sonogram pictures." Of course the pin was describing using the pictures as framed nursery decor once the baby arrived, but since that sadly wouldn't be the case for this baby I decided to modify it a little to hang in our room. So I started the search for the perfect printable verse and frames. After several days and a couple of trips to town looking for the frames, it all came together. 

This now hangs in our room. Although it is a baby we will not meet this side of Heaven, it's our baby just the same and is certainly not something we will ever forget. 






10 comments:

  1. Elena, I have tears streaming down my face. This is sweeter than words can say. You've been on my mind often the last few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What Brooke said. I have been praying for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love this, I am so impressed! I am also glad you went this route and not the pic in the drawer route, good for you! love you girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I believe this is the sweetest thing you have ever done and it will always be a part of our family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tears are flowing....I am thankful for the blessing that we know we will see this sweet baby in Heaven! I love that you have this precious reminder in your room!! Proud of you and still praying for you all.....Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Elena, that is beautiful! We are praying for you and Adam! You have been on my mind so much since we heard about your loss. Just know that we love ya'll so much and are praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! That is so precious!
    I hope you guys are doing well. You are still in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete