Friday, December 14, 2012

Christmas lights and Santa

A couple of random things about Reese E Cup: 

A common conversation we have if I get out of her sight:
Reese: mommy, mommy, (louder and more annoyed) mommmmmmmmyyyyyyyy!
Me: (walk back to where she is) Yes. Can I help you?
Reese: Ummmmmmm...(long pause while she thinks of something to say) uh doin? (which means what are you doing?) 

Y'all. She has to THINK of something to say. She doesn't even need me. It just disturbs her to the core that I might be getting something accomplished. 

She says "bitty bitty" instead of little bitty. 

If you ask her what her name is she will tell you "Rees-ie" or "Reese-ie Cup." It's hilarious.

If I am in the phone she automatically assumes, "it Stefff." 

A few weeks ago Adam started counting to 3 before he was going to spank her. He said "one" and she said "two, fwee." We couldn't help but laugh. 

I have a pink t-shirt that D.D. and Big Daddy brought me from a trip they went on this summer. Since the first time she ever saw it Reese says, "it Jolie's. I wear it." She then takes all her clothes off and wears the shirt. I have no idea why she thinks it's Jolie's. 

She will pitch a fit if her shoes or diaper are "too tiggghhttt." Which, before my momma comments, let me go ahead and say she gets that directly from me. As a kid I hated for my shoes to be tied too tight. I also would not wear certain shirts because the seams were too big, and I wore my underwear inside out because of the seams. I was a quirky, strange child, and I am going to pay for it all via Reese E Cup (much to my parents delight). 

We had an appointment with an ENT at Children's Hospital Monday, and she is having her tonsils taken out December 27th( if she doesn't get sick that week. If that happens they will not put them to sleep, so it will be rescheduled for the next week). She barely opened her mouth and they said, "oh yeah those have to come out." They tried to pressure me into doing it the 20th. If you do the math that's 5 days before Christmas. Thanks, but no thanks. I prefer that she not be a grouch with a sore throat on Jesus's birthday. Since she is only 2 this will result in an overnight stay in the hospital. Let's have a moment of silence for all parties involved in keeping that little monster cooped up in a hospital room for 24 hours. And let's have another moment of silence for her momma because, y'all, they are putting my baby to sleep. Gasp. It's a routine surgery until it's your baby having it done then it turns into a major ordeal. I'll probably need to be medicated. 

When we got home from her appointment Fiona had left The Polar Express under our tree. We have watched it at least twice a day since then. 

 And this is how she likes to watch it.


Saturday we had breakfast with the big man. 
Please hear me when I say that we don't make her go see him. She wants to go LOOK at him. Of course she doesn't want to sit in his lap. That part I force in order to get an entertaining picture. I hope to have her crying Santa pictures as my mantel Christmas decor for years to come.

We met up with her daycare friends while we were there.


Saturday night we took her to see the lights and ride the train at Noccalula Falls. Thankfully we got there an hour before they opened because by 5:00 when they let us in the end of the line was nowhere to be found. 
And oh how her faces lights up when she sees a Christmas light display.
She loves her some Santa, but only from a distance. (For the record this makes the 3rd time she has seen him this year. He shows up everywhere we go!)

She wrote Santa a letter, and mailed it.

Since it has been so cold at night this week Autie has been sleeping in the laundry room. If it was up to Reese she would be an inside dog.
One of my coworkers told me that Santa sits outside of a house in Oxford in his sleigh every night. I doubted it since it has been so cold this week. Sure enough when we pulled up in the yard out came Santa with a bag full of toys and some candy. (For any of you who care- when you leave Target don't turn left at the flashing light like we come back home. Keep going on McIntosh road (somebody please confirm or deny that that is the name of the road??) and the house is on the right. You can't miss it. He has HUGE reindeer in his yard and lots of lights.)
 She wouldn't sit in his lap, but we got in his sleigh to make our picture.
And that makes the 4th time she has seen him:) She cried all the way home because she wanted to go back and see him again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment