Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Wrapping up summertime

 Here is a random list of things I feel the need to share with the class.

1. The absolute only thing that makes going back to school okay is that football season/fall is right around the corner. 

2. It has been a delightful summer- 20 inches of above average rain fall or not. If I wasn't pregnant I would probably have a different attitude about the whole rain-every-single-day thing, but you will never EVER hear a pregnant lady complain about below average temperatures and a few rain showers. The summer I was pregnant with Reese was the hottest of all time, and I had a lot of concerns about it being that hot and Reese forcing me to play outside 16 hours a day this time around. Thanks to Mother Nature, I have survived my second summer of pregnancy. 

3. Nothing delights me more than to tell y'all that my daughter has declared that she wants a Peppa Pig birthday party. Not a princess party. Not Minnie Mouse. Peppa Peg. For those of you unfamiliar allow me...

  

And really it's nothing against Peppa and her little brother George, it's just that I was hoping we were still a few years away from character parties. This is what I've learned about having a daughter: it ain't all sugar and spice, and princesses. Sometimes it's big trucks, trains, and pigs. 

4. Just when I was all like, "awww she is about to turn 3" she looked at me while we were at the Chick Fil A playground and said, "Ma-ie, you makin' me nervous." Sweet goodness, have mercy on my soul. 

5. She learned how to swim a few weeks ago.  I was so proud (and obviously delusional) that I uploaded the video of her swimming on Facebook and people, I'm in a swimsuit...and very pregnant. My love for her has made me question the person I have become. I would upload it here, but you know our internet situation. 

6. I am in love with this picture. 


7. After vacuuming for 2.5 seconds she declared, "this is a hard day." Yep, all that "hard day" cleaning is needed because of you, little princess. 


8. PeePaw took her to her first cow sale. She loved it. (P.S. Those of you who know him need not worry- my mother was also with them. The last time he babysat alone, she ate some dog food.) 


9. PeePaw brought her home that afternoon and she brought in MeeMaw's lipstick and did this. 


10. Since the whole swimming thing, she never wants to wear her float so that should tell y'all who is making who nervous. I'm more than a little on edge at the pool.

11. There is still no baby name. We are further from picking a name than we ever have been. The ones we were considering have been thrown out for one reason or another. 

And I'll end with this little true story...

12. A few weeks ago we ate at Olive Garden. While waiting for our table I took Reese to the restroom. When I came back and sat down out front to wait, a sweet lady came over and whispered in my ear that my dress was in my underwear. Sigh. I'm still embarrassed. All I could do was laugh. Adam said, "Well you showed your butt tonight. Literally." 

5 comments:

  1. Ok draw me a picture... when you say in your underwear do you mean tucked into the waste band of your undies? Either way this is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I will never know for sure how much booty was showing, but when I adjusted my dress a significant amount of dress came out from in my underwear. Plus there was a couple from Clay County sitting right in the aisle and saw it all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm laughing so hard right now!! Btw, your dad preached one night at our revival and told the story of the beloved puppy that he swore he'd never like, but fell in love with!

    ReplyDelete
  4. When he told me he preached about that dog, I asked what phase of the grief processes he is currently going through. He took the death pretty hard(especially considering the fit he pitched when that dog was brought home).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hilarious! I'm still laughing! It happens to us all :)

    ReplyDelete