Thursday, October 3, 2013

Dad Life

Adam emailed me this morning and told me to go to youtube and watch this video. Something about how this is his life...especially with daughter #2 on the way.



I can't even tell you how much I have laughed because Adam probably really does think this is his life. In reality, let me tell you a couple of things:

1. No A-master I know is going to wear gas station sunglasses. He is the proud owner of his 3rd pair of Costa Del Mar's. (It is important that you know that Flipper is somewhere, as we speak, wearing his first pair after a wave crashed into him a few years ago, and (I quote) "almost knocked my head off" which caused his sunglasses to be swept away in the current. I thought he was going to have to take a Xanax before he got to the store to buy another pair. His love of a good pair of sunglasses is something I can't even begin to explain. Something about having blue eyes and they are more sensitive to the sun and blah blah blah. I'm pretty sure he would forget Reese at home before he forgot his sunglasses.  

2. He has never been subjected to any type of pants with a crease because his wife HATES to iron.

and 

3. He just WISHES he had a 60 inch zero turn lawn mover. 

Personally, my favorite part is "I got dozens of dollars, and that's right, it goes straight to my daughters and my wife." I just laugh because y'all wait till those daughters are...oh...say, 16 and how fast his dollars will go straight those daughters. And I can't even talk about when one of them turns 35 and we allow them to get married. Does anybody else hear that cash register going off? 

And speaking of kids and their cost, my financial classes have been doing a project on the cost of college. If any of you have kids and are interested in the projected cost of them attending college, visit this website. Scroll down until you will see "Future college cost" and enter your kid's age. I had to fight the urge to curl up in the fetal position and smoke a pack of cigarettes. And I don't even smoke. They estimate that for a 3 year old, the annual cost will be roughly $52,000. I am a self proclaimed math hater, but if my calculator didn't let me down that is somewhere around $208,000 for a 4 year degree. (Breath deep, Elena. Breath deep.) 

Dear sweet, sweet Lord, 
Let them be smart and get scholarships. Please. I'm begging. 
Amen.

P.S. Last Friday night we tried to do a trial run of Reese spending the night with Jolie. She did fall asleep at Jolie's house, but within about 15 minutes she woke up and was crying for her momma. She claims "I pend da night wif Jolie when baby sisor comes," but people it is not looking good. Mostly I'm worried for Heather and her mental sanity when that night is upon us. Let us all be in prayer for her.   

No comments:

Post a Comment