Wednesday, October 2, 2013

She turned "free"

Well. For once the weather people were 100% accurate on the forecast. It rained the Saturday of her party. All day long. Between the virus going around and the rain, this was one party that I wasn't sure was going to happen.

The birthday weekend kicked off Friday at her daycare party where no less than 4 children under the age of 5 either talked, sang or cried at all times. For me, it validated all the reasons I've always known that I could not work with small children every day. They are precious. A bless from above. But wow. I was tired when I left 45 minutes later. (Which doesn't necessarily mean anything seeing how I wake up tired right now.)






















After that, we went home to wait on her daddy to bring her prize. In case her facial expression doesn't clarify, rest assured that she loves it. 












































She kept asking was she getting her prize "to-day or to-mowow?" Adam picked Reese up at daycare about a week ago and without realizing it he sat her right in the seat next to her birthday surprise that was still in the box. She said, "Oooo, what dat? I like that. I want one like dat." Adam convinced her that it was just an empty box.

Then there was Saturday. Party day. I was up at the crack of dawn peeking through the blinds checking the weather and praying for a rain-less miracle. Somewhere around the 6 AM hour the rain started falling. Once Reese got up around 7, she would ask her daddy every 5 minutes, "It stop rwainin' yet?" When he would tell her no, she would ask, "all da people comin'?" And because we have some really sweet family and friends, all the people did come despite the rain. And our girl could not have been more excited, which taught me a great motherhood lesson- it really doesn't matter what I think or have planned. As long as she is excited, I should be too. Rain or shine. (Remind me that I said that when she is a mature and sophisticated 18 and possibly making choices that I don't approve of.)

















From here on out I am going to encourage her to pick party themes that are based out of the great US of A as opposed to British based cartoons. Do you know how much they charge to ship Peppa related items from Great Britain? A lot, that's how much. And do you know where most of the good Peppa party supplies are? Somewhere in the Great Britain region. So I found what I could and hoped for the best. And really, since the soaking rain lasted from 6 AM to 6 PM, the decorations were the last of my concerns. 

Before the party, she told me to "spraid my hair." So I got out the hairspray and sprayed it. She said, "Noooooo momma. SPRAID it." It took me a second, but while she was giving me the I'm-thirteen-and-my-momma-knows-nothing look I finally realized that she meant for me to BRAID her hair.



























Her hair was soaking wet when she blew out the candles because, despite the rain, the bounce house wouldn't be shut down. BUT there was moment that the bounce house did almost get shut down. Jolie came running to tell me that Reese tee teed on her during all the bouncing excitement, but quite frankly with the amount of rain that was falling I don't know that it mattered. That Jolie, she is one good cousin because she ran right back to the bounce house and got in like nothing happened.



By Sunday, momma was tired and needed a day free of makeup so we went grocery shopping then spent the day playing in the bounce house. We tried to explain that the bounce house had to leave on Monday so we better play in it a lot. After about 2 hours she told us, "I frew wif it." Which were my feelings exactly. I was through with all the rain and messiness, and momma needed a nap- one which I did not get because my girl turned "free" and little people that age aren't fans of naps;) 

Happy 3rd Birthday to our girl! With her "baby sisor" on the way, three is going to be a BIG year for her:) 



No comments:

Post a Comment