Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Elynn update

I had several posts I was hoping to write before "baby sisor's" arrival, and I still might get it done but it's looking pretty iffy at this point.

At last weeks appointment I was 2cm and 50% thinned. 

Yesterdays appointment....4cm and 90% thinned. I'm pretty much a ticking time bomb. 

Dr. Ballard said it could be any day which is why today is possibly my last day of work. The last thing I need in my life is for my water to break in front of a bunch of teenagers. They tend to remember those sorts of things, yet can't seem to remember to bring their notebooks to class. I have no desire to be the story that gets told at their class reunions for the rest of their lives...."Hey, y'all remember when Mrs. Robertson's water broke at school that time...." 

Last week we had the standard growth sonogram done to be sure she was in the right position etc. According to their estimates she was 7lbs 1oz. Reese weighed 7.9 and was 19 1/2 inches long. I'm thinking Elynn might be somewhere around 7lbs 12oz. From the looks of it, we'll be finding out sooner rather than later. 

Y'all say a few prayers for us: 
1.This doesn't all go down at school.
2. It doesn't happen so fast that Adam  has to deliver her on the side of the road. (Worst case scenario, people.)
3. Reese handles this with all the grace and dignity that you would expect a 3 year to when her whole world is about to change. 

2 comments: