Thursday, October 10, 2013

So...this is what I did yesterday


You can imagine Adam's delight when he called and Reese was anxiously waiting to tell him, "We's tire is flap on we's car. Mommy proally hit da bridge at MeeMaw's. It go like dis "ssssssssss." 

There are so many things you need to know. 
1. She says "flap" instead of "flat."
2. She cried about the "flap" tire even though we were safely at MeeMaw's house as opposed to being stranded on the side of the road.
3. When Adam asked how it happened I wanted so badly to respond, "The most important thing is that we have our health." 
4. Yes, we have to cross a bridge to get to MeeMaw's house.(As in, the bridge is part of their driveway.) (It's a real live version of the song "over the river and through the woods to grandmothers house we go.")
5. I might or might not have cut the turn a little close when driving onto said bridge which caused the tire to get caught on a random piece of metal resulting in a gash in the tire. 
6. I'm riding on a brand new set of Michelin's. (This sort of thing never happens when you already need a set of tires.)
7. While putting the spare on the car, Adam casually mentioned, "I want you to recognize that I have not gotten upset about this. I think it shows what a wise man I really am, and I want a little credit for that." And he is right. He absolutely deserves credit; however, he did make it a point to remind me the exact cost of the tires. 

His need for recognition reminded me of this....
Every time he takes out the trash or cleans up a mess he is sure to say something along the lines of "LeeLee, did you see I folded those clothes for you?" Or whatever it is that he has done. And this is exactly why I believe we have a great marriage. Ya'll, he is a real, real good man.  

The good news is that Reese got a little hands on experience with changing a tire, and really is there a price too high to pay for your daughter being independent and knowing how to change a tire on her on? I don't think so. 

Reese went on to tell everybody we have seen that, "Mommy not a good drwiver. Daddy is a berry good drwiver." 

No comments:

Post a Comment