Thursday, August 12, 2010

34 Weeks

At 34 weeks Reese is the size of a cantelope






How Far Along: 34 Weeks and when I noticed on the pregancy countdown that we are 42 days away from her arrival I kinda panicked. I do not think I am going to be ready in 42 days.
Weight Gain: Too scared to look:)
Maternity Clothes: Yes. Anytime that I complain about my feed hurting Adam tells me I should be wearing tennis shoes no matter which outfit I am wearing...Well, tennis shoes and a cotton dress don't exactly go together. I have made a lot of sacrifices over the past few months, but fashion will not be one of them.
Stretch Marks: Not yet.
Sleep: I will say it again...I love those boppy pillows! Sleep is okay, but several trips to the restroom during the night.
Baby Movement: Yes. I can tell she is awake more now than before, which is exactly what is supposed to happen.
Food Cravings: We are going to Olive Garden Saturday night with our Sunday School class, and we all know how Big Momma loves Olive Garden!!!!
What I Miss: Nothing I can think of.
Looking Forward To: Seeing her sweet little face and wearing my pre pregnancy clothes....if that ever happens.
Milestones: At 34 weeks Reese's fat layers are filling out causing her (and her mother) to be rounder. Her skin is also smoother than ever before. Her central nervous and her lungs are continuing to maturing.
So the kids came back to school this week and I was prepared for the, "you have gotten big" statements....However, there was one statement that I wasn't expecting. I am changing the name of this student in order to protect the innocent. We'll call him Sam. Sam walked up to me on Wednesday in the hall and these were the intelligent words that came from his mouth,
"Mrs. Robertson, you pregnant?"
First of all, this is an 11th grader who asked this question...by that age don't they know what pregnant women look like? Second, "Mrs. Robertson", to the students I teach, is a two syllable word.
"No Sam I gained a lot of weight over the summer."

"Oh, ok."
Friends, we need to pray for the youth of our nation. If these kids are the future I, for one, am nervous.

Moving on...Adam has declared for weeks that Reese can't sleep in our room. We are ceiling fan people. Adam has a fan on his night stand, I have one on mine, and we have the ceiling fan on high at all times. Clearly, a baby doesn't need to sleep under an electric whirlwind, so Adam says she is going to sleep in her bed...which he follows up with, "Her bed cost more than ours did. She is going to sleep in it." I think she needs to be in our room for the first few weeks. We'll see who wins that battle. Anyway, my parents do not like the thought of her across the house from us. For the record, our house is small....if she moves her toe we would hear it all over the house. But my mom has continued to tell us how we need a cradle. So this is what was deliver to our house this week by PeePaw

Looks like she might spend at least one night in that electric whirlwind afterall:)

1 comment:

  1. Tell Adam that, first of all, he sounds like Dusty - "her bed cost more than ours," and second of all, babies who sleep under ceiling fans have a decreased risk of SIDS!! So, maybe it'll be okay for Reese to sleep in your room for awhile...it's so much easier at first!! We said Avery Claire would be in our room for 1-2 weeks...She moved into her room at about 8 or 9 weeks.

    ReplyDelete