Tuesday, August 31, 2010

The Day of Reese's Birth

Just as I did our wedding day I have put a lot of thought into what the day of Reese’s birth will be like. Probably too much thought! There are several things that I am sure of on that eventful day

  • I am sure that I will be a complete wreck until all the needles are over and my lower body is numb.
  • I am sure that Adam will appear calm, cool, and collected and doing his best to assure me that everything is okay. God bless the man.
  • I am sure that although he might appear calm, cool, and collected on the inside Adam will just as nervous as I will be.
  • I am sure that the moment I hear her cry will be the best moment of my life.
  • I am sure that the moment she cries I will cry right along with her.
  • I am sure that the moment Adam sees her he will be completely wrapped around her finger.
  • I am sure that she will fill a place in our lives that we didn’t know was empty
  • I am sure from that moment forward she will completely consume my thoughts and prayer life.
  • I am sure that the moment she arrives our lives will be changed forever…in a good way, of course
  • And I am sure from the moment we see her that we will wonder what in the world we did before her.

After Adam and I had been dating for a while I came to realize one thing about our future and, Lord willing, the family we would have… Adam would hold us together and I would be the crazy mother. He is as calm and assuring as I am spastic and impatient. I have no doubt that he will gracefully step into the role of fatherhood and give this little girl more love and attention than I thought was possible. Odds are she’ll get plenty of attention from me as well. I currently feel calm about this whole birth process….even if a C-section were to be necessary I will be okay with that…WHAT?? Did I just say that?? I can’t believe those words came from my mouth. But honestly I am on the verge of miserable at the present time. I believe that my current state of misery is God at work in my life. If I weren’t so HUGE, hot, and swelled I would be worrying myself to death over the whole birthing process and the needles of course. So anyway, I would be elated for her to come sooner rather than later, but I know I probably will not get that wish:)

P.S. Did I mention that I am sure we will think she is perfect?

2 comments:

  1. You cannot imagine how much you're going to love her the very second you lay eyes on her...I loved Avery Claire when she was growing in my tummy, but I truly had no idea how much I'd love her when I met her for the first time! I'm so excited for you and Adam - you have such an amazing time ahead of you!

    ReplyDelete