Thursday, August 26, 2010

36 Weeks

At 36 weeks Reese is the size of a crenshaw melon weighing about 6 pounds





How Far Along: 36 weeks. In a way I feel panicked when I think about having only 4 more weeks to prepare for motherhood, but in a much bigger way I don’t know how I can stand all of this pregnancy stuff for 4 more weeks.
Weight Gain: I am no longer looking to see how much I have gained. Since last Friday I have started to swell. My ankles are puffy and my wedding rings won’t even go over my knuckles. So from now on when people ask how much I gained I will inform them of the 31 pounds I gained during the first 35 weeks. The book says, “You are feeling very heavy by now…” Really? Who would have guessed?
Maternity Clothes: Yes
Stretch Marks: I don’t think so, but to be honest there are places that I can’t even see anymore. I do not doubt that I have them under my belly button, but how would I know.
Sleep: At least 3 trips to the restroom every night this week which obviously means interrupted sleep.
Baby Movement: Yes
Food Cravings: Nothing in particular since there is no room in there for food. BUT… I LOVE hot fudge cake sundaes from Shoney’s. However in my pre pregnancy life I didn’t indulge in such things due to the enormous amount of guilt I would feel after eating one. Plus I am pretty sure you would have to spend around 48 hours on a treadmill to burn off such a delicious treat. I declared weeks ago to Adam that I would be eating one before this baby comes. And what kind of person would I be if I didn’t keep my word???
What I Miss: Sleeping all night which I understand never happens again once a baby arrives. Good thing I enjoyed my first 25 years of restful nights.
Looking Forward To: Seeing her sweet little face. And I am pretty much ready for this to be over. Staying home all summer and being pregnant was one thing. Going to work everyday and being 9 months pregnant is something completely different.
Milestones: At 36 weeks this is what the book says, “Pack your bag for the hospital. A baby is considered at term three weeks before your due date, so be prepared.” I love this statement. I have just been waiting to pack my bag! Reese’s bag is already packed. We will now be going to the doctor every week which makes me nervous and excited. At 36 weeks Reese weighs almost 6 pounds. She's shedding most of the downy covering of hair that covered her body as well as the vernix caseosa, the waxy substance that covered and protected her skin during her nine-month amniotic bath. At this stage the baby is storing as much fat as she can and the cheeks, knees and elbows start dimpling due to fat deposition. Awww how sweet! I love chubby babies.


In other news MeeMaw made the curtain for Reese's room last week.

There are a ton of things that we have been trying to get done before Reese gets here. We decided a couple of weeks ago to put gas logs in our living room. It has been the biggest mess ever! Which under normal conditions would drive me crazy, but I have been too tired to care. In the past I have always helped Adam with any project around the house, but this one was done by Adam alone! I love it! And I can't wait to lay around on the couch and spoil Baby Reese with the gas logs glowing!

3 comments:

  1. I am so excited for you girlie! You will be such a good mommy! I hope you enjoy every moment!! I am so ready for Ellie to get here I can hardly stand it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ELENA!!! I'M SUPER EXCITED AFTER READING THIS. I CANNOT BELIEVE SHE'S ALMOST HERE...ANY DAY NOW (IN THEORY OF COURSE). I WILL BE ANTICIPATING THE "ELENA'S IN LABOR" PHONE CALL IN THE NEXT FEW WEEKS! PS- CAN YOU BELIEVE ALL THE GIRLS IN OUR LITTLE GROUP...BABY ALLEN, GIRL #4? WOW.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know you can't believe Reese is almost here.
    You can come camp out at my house and you'll be 15 minutes away from the hospital- ha ha!!

    ReplyDelete