Thursday, August 19, 2010

35 Weeks

At 35 weeks Reese is the size of a honeydew melon

How Far Along: 35 weeks!!
Weight Gain: Ok, so I was hoping to be the girl that fit the profile in the What To Expect When Your Expecting book. You know the one in the weight gain section…25-35 pounds…I was leaning more toward the 25 pound mark. Well, according to my scales I have officially gained 30 pounds. WHAT! Can I please be in denial about this? Since we found out at the doctor this week that she weighs 5.5 pounds I am going to pretend I have only gained 25 and she is the other 5
Maternity Clothes: Yes
Stretch Marks: No. I ran out of Mothers Friend and I am now using Coco Butter and Bio Oil. I only have one consumer complaint with the Bio Oil…it is a little too oily for my liking. Yes, I know it is called Bio Oil for a reason, but it doesn’t absorb into the skin very quickly leaving me with oily skin for way too long.
Sleep: Other than multiple trips to the restroom every night the sleep is good. Let’s keep this between you and me…but Adam says I snore now… Which I haven’t heard myself snoring so I can’t confirm this accusation.
Baby Movement: Yes. She has her “boney butt”; again those are the words of the nurse practitioner, right under my ribs. Lord knows I am not complaining. I am just glad it’s not her head like it had been. And about the whole “boney butt” thing…those don’t exactly run in my family so I highly doubt she is going to have one either…sad but genetically true. You just can’t fight DNA.
Food Cravings: Food doesn’t have all that much room anymore, but my sweet mother brought me potato soup from Logan’s and it made me very happy.
What I Miss: Being able to paint my toenails...I can not longer get down there. Oh well, that just means I have to treat myself to a pedicure before she comes.
Looking Forward To: I am anxious to see how all of this delivery business goes. I am going to be packing our bags soon and getting the car seat in the car because at the mention of a contraction Adam is going to throw me in the car and speed to Anniston. He has already told me if all that stuff isn’t already in the car it will be left and my parents will have to bring it. But then again this is the same man who wants to move to Anniston around the first of September just to be close to the hospital. This could be the one moment in our lives together that I will be calmer than Adam. Milestones: At 35 weeks it is likely that she will no longer be doing somersaults since her space has become limited….good…she needs to stay right where she is at. Over the next few weeks her lungs will mature and she will put on weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment