Thursday, September 9, 2010

38 Weeks

At 38 weeks Baby Reese is as long as a leek and should weight around 7 pounds...

How Far Along: 38 weeks
Weight Gain: Too much!

Maternity Clothes: Yes. Since I have my bag packed for the hospital I have severely limited myself on clothes I have to wear. I am affraid to wear any of them because if I went into labor they would be dirty and I couldn't take them to the hospital. Adam also packed his bag last night. He wanted us to carry 1 bag... 1 bag....Seriously, what does he think this is? I think he thinks I will be in a hospital gown the entire time we are there. HA. Gone are days that we can go somewhere and carry 1 bag, make 1 trip to the car, and be gone in under 10 minutes. So he said that if I insist on carrying my own bag that I have to tote it in and out of the hospital....again, HA! HAHAHAHA! I guess he is going to make Reese walk to the car from the nursery as well!! Stretch Marks: Not yet...but I am just waiting...at this size you can't get around having at least one stretch mark!

Sleep: What sleep? As previously mentioned I have a cold and between not being able to breath and not being able to get comfortable there is no sleep happening for me. I am seriously considering going ahead and taking off all next week just to rest!

Baby Movement: She loves to kick her feet out into my left side. Or at least I assume it is her feet.

Food Cravings: Nothing...there is NO room in there for food!

What I Miss: Sleep and all the good things that come from sleep! Everywhere I go I get the, "you look so tired" statements... and I agree. I look tired because I am tired. Exhausted is the correct term.

Looking Forward To: As the big day get closer Adam and I can't imagine what it will be like to see her for the first time. I am the first to say that a baby just looks like a baby for several weeks, even months. However, I am certain that I will not feel that way about my own baby. As long as she is healthy when she comes the hospital we are using does something called Kangaroo Care with newborns. For the first hour she will be wrapped in a blanket with me for "skin to skin" bonding. We were informed that she is not to be moved during this hour. So..... no one can see her for the first hour besides Adam and I. You can all imagine the reaction we got from our families when we told them this. After 9 months of carrying her around I love the idea of being able to hold her the first hour of her life! Don't I deserve that?? Plus it will probably take an hour for me to dry the tears up enough to actually be able to see her!

Milestones: At 38 weeks Reese's organs have fully matured and are ready for the outside world...Reese, do you hear that???? You can come now!!! And we are waiting!! PLEASE!

When I looked in the back seat this morning it was sort of shocking to see this....


Oh, and what I would give to meet the baby that will be riding in that seat....meet her today! But I'm NOT complaining! No, not me. Because I LOVE being told at church, "you look ready...your nose and lips are getting that puffy look." You have to love the elders of the church:)

3 comments:

  1. I can't stand it anymore! Reese hurry up! I can't wait any longer! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elena, you have been one of the happiest pregnant women I have ever seen. The sleep thing will NEVER come again. It won't be because of the baby, just because you will be terrified when she sleeps. I know that I still am.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Start walking!! I know you're tired, but it might just help to get Reese here quicker! Thinking about you!

    ReplyDelete