Friday, September 3, 2010

"I'm not complaining. I'm just telling you how I feel."

I am constantly telling Adam that I am really not complaining I just want him to know how I feel. After all this is his kid too! When I hear about other people's pregnancy's I realize that mine has gone pretty well. Maybe I am speaking too soon. I will say that I can tell a big difference since I have gone back to work. I can no longer wear my wedding band which makes me feel very weird. I have it stored away in the box it came in, and oh the monumental day that I can wear it again! So these are not complaints- they are symptoms.
My personal pregnancy symptoms:
  • I am FAT and it is HOT! I am just waiting for James Spann, the weather man, to announce that this has been the hottest summer ever recorded. I've been waiting on this announcement all summer, but it seems as though the weather people aren't paying attention to the heat the way I think they should.
  • My tailbone is broken...ok, so maybe not broken, but there is definitely a problem. Dr. Ballard said that some women get pregnancy induced carpel tunnel and some get an inflamed tailbone. I would get the tailbone problem.
  • My feet hurt really badly! Adam wants me to wear tennis shoes all the time. I have tried to explain to him that tennis shoes and the cotton dresses that I wear on an almost daily basis DO NOT go together! I may be BIG, but fashion will not be sacrificed.
  • How many trips to the restroom does it take?? Oh my goodness! I am back and forth to the restroom all the time. Thank goodness I moved to the classroom right across the hall from the teachers lounge.
  • If one more student looks at me and says, "you bout to pop" I might just pop them. But if the news people are going to come to school to do a report on me for slapping a kid I really don't want to be this big. You know how they say everyone gets 15 minutes of fame? For my 15 minutes I would like to be slightly smaller than an elephant. So I will refrain from such actions at school.

Okay, so today I started to complain about a pesky cold that I have contracted and then I happened upon a blog. I have become slightly addicted to reading people's blogs...the scary/stalkish part of it is that I don't know these people. Their blogs have become popular for different reasons. Several of the blogs are popular due to the loss of a child while others are due to infertility issues. So if you choose to go to the links below and read their stories please brace yourself! They are SAD! After reading their stories I realize how incredibly blessed Adam and I really are. I know several people personally who are dealing with infertility and then I think of how easily Adam and I conceived a baby. Just as the Bible says, "Behold, children are a gift from God, they are his reward." So today I will not complain! I will not complain that I am hot, fat, swelled, that I have a cold, that I am really ready to have this baby, that I am tired of dealing with teenagers everyday, that I no longer sleep at night, that my feet hurt, and that my house isn't clean enough. Because even on a bad day God has blessed me with an amazing husband, great family and friends, a baby that I can't wait to meet, a healthy body to carry a baby, a job to go to, a bed to sleep in, and a house to get dirty. And for all those things and countless others I am thankful!

http://www.therowefam.blogspot.com

http://www.theritchiesnwa.blogspot.com

http://www.therumleys.blogspot.com

http://www.audreycaroline.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment