Wednesday, September 29, 2010

One Week Later

We have made it through our first week with our sweet little Reese. It has been a big adjustment. Much bigger than I thought it would be. She eats every two hours for about 30 minutes...if you do the math that gives me an hour and a half to get things done in between feedings. Although I shouldn't admit this...I usually spend that hour and a half staring at her and checking to see if she is breathing:) She wakes up at least every two hours at night and in between those two hours I am looking at her to make sure she is breathing. Yes, I spend a lot more time than I should with my finger under her nose checking for air. That is something I didn't see coming! We had to go back to the doctor on Monday for another weight check and over the weekend she had gain 5 ounces! I was going to have a complete breakdown if she had not gained any weight since I had spent the entire weekend feeding her...or at least that was how it felt.
Look at these sweet little feet!

Daddy introducing Reese to Dixie. Dixie and Autie have not taken this new addition too well. My mums were scattered all over the yard when we came home from the hospital and our patio umbrella had been chewed on. In a matter of days they went from being our babies to being our dogs and it seems to be a hard fact for them to accept.

This was her first bath which went pretty well...until she pooped in the towel when we wrapped her up. Her second bath she pooped in the tub as soon as we layed her down! We have seriously got to get on the same page with all of this pooping business.

Reese has had lots of visitors in the last week. This is Adam's Granny. She couldn't stand that we had her swaddled up in a blanket. She says that hurts their legs:)


Uncle Robert and Aunt Bec


My Papa and Katherine


After going to the doctor on Monday she had a complete melt down in the car because we didn't stop before she got hungry. I am a nervous wreck the few times we have left home because she really doesn't have a schedule so she is likely to want to eat at any given time. And, as you can see, when she is hungry she is hungry!





We went to D.D. and Big Daddy's on Saturday to watch the Alabama football game. Even though Adam graduated from Auburn he (and his entire family) are huge Alabama fans. It is disturbing for me. I think that since our love blossomed at "The Loveliest Village on the Plains" it is mandatory that Reese be an Auburn fan....but there seems to be some controversy surrounding this issue. I will win this...at least until she is old enough to make her own decisions. Anyway Adam loves to watch Alabama football with Big Daddy and Uncle Greg (mainly because they all three act completely ridiculous about St. Nick and his entourage) so we made the trip to their house. Plus D.D. cooked supper so who could turn that down? Reese took a nap with Big Daddy (or this could be completely posed!). This all happened as the Auburn game kicked off...which no one seems to care about but me therefore those games don't get the attention I think they deserve.





And here he is trying to corrupt her little mind with all that crimson and white on TV:) Good thing she is sleeping.



We are just loving life with our sweet little baby! Two thoughts make me really sad so I try to stay away from them...1. she is going to grow up way too fast! 2. going back to work and leaving her. Actually three thoughts...3. Adam going back to work and being out of town over night. Which happened for the first time last night:( My mom stayed with me (and held Baby Reese all night) to help with her.
We had newborn pictures made yesterday and I am so excited to see them. Here is one I took while we were there.... Putting these on my blog probably violates some type of copyright laws, but they are too cute not to put up! I can't wait to see them all.









4 comments:

  1. She's absolutely precious, even when she was pitching that fit! Don't stress about a schedule - I did and wish I hadn't!! It will all fall into place. I cry once a week still because I have to go to work and miss time with my sweet girl. Let's start a business and make millions and then we can stay home - you be thinking about that in between "breath checks!" Someone told me you don't sleep well for the first 5 years. I believe it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!!! I am in love with her just from her pics. I don't see how you ever put her down! Ya'll are so blessed. Can't wait to see her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the bath story!!! Can't wait to see the newborn pics and to see ya'll again!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad that we will be seeing this sweet baby next weekend!! oh, and you too Little Momma! I love hearing about yourfearful nights and worrying about her breathing. It brings back such "wonderful" memories!! The sleep deprivation, oh how I miss it.

    ReplyDelete