Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Since Reese Arrived

I have learned so much since Reese joined us three weeks ago!

I have learned that...



Nothing can prepare you for becoming a parent. I thought since I had witnessed my nieces and nephews growing up I was a step ahead...but oh no! There is no amount of babysitting that can prepare one for the task of motherhood!


It is all about her! It is no longer about Adam and I. For several days after she was born I felt like Adam and I had not even seen each other. We were both at home, but a newborn requires ALL of your attention. Of course when we got the chance to talk the conversation was all about baby stuff:) Which lead me to wonder...what did we do before her?


The house and its level of cleaniness doesn't even rate on the scale of importance anymore. My days are spent feeding her, washing her clothes, and opening new packs of diapers and wipes. Adam was sweet enough to clean while I was gone on Saturday. I guess it had gotten bad enough that he decided something must be done:)

That love at first sight doesn't exist until seeing your baby for the first time.

That there are a lot of material things I would be willing to go without just to stay home with her instead of going back to work.

That I can sit home and stare at her all day and be completely happy.

But mostly I have learned that life doesn't really begin until you get to see the love of your life and your new baby doing this...

To see her newborn pictures go to this website

http://www.blissphotographystudios.com/

Go to the Clients link.

Enter my email elena.robertson@hotmail.com and the password is robertson1

2 comments:

  1. I love her pictures. They're so good and the pic of her and Adam is priceless!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE, LOVE this pic of her & Adam!! So precious! Can't wait to see you all again soon!

    ReplyDelete