Friday, November 26, 2010

Starbucks with the Auntie

As I mentioned last week, Reese and I met my BFF and Reese’s unofficial auntie Steph for a deliciously overpriced Starbucks on Wednesday. To prove to you how far back we go…this is a picture of my dad holding Steph when she was a few weeks old…I was a few weeks away from being born. So technically we go back to before my birth!

This is basically how the story goes…after this picture was taken we met back up around 1990 in kindergarten (where my mom was her teacher). I specifically remember going to her birthday (pool) parties at her house every summer where someone would inevitably fall and bust it on the concrete in their garage. Around the year of 2000 we were 15 years old and two of the unfortunate souls who had to take drivers education during the summer where I invited her to go on my families annual 4th of July trip to the beach. She continued to go on this trip with us until we were well into college and maybe after…I can’t remember exactly. And because I can laugh at myself (and Steph) lets look back on a few of our pictures over the years…
This picture was twin day at school..I believe junior year. My twin didn't show up to school that morning. I got concerned and call her (which was violating school rules considering I was standing on the toilet (trying to get cell service)in the girls bathroom using my cell phone.) My twin was late because she had a flat tire on the Mustang..I am pretty sure this resulted in her driving the heavy Chevy to school that day.





I really do hate that we had to go through the regrettable fashion years of long straight parted down the middle Marsha Brady hair! Anyway, here is a noncomprehensive list of the things we talk about on a daily basis: hair color and all of our unfortunate highlight experiences, our weight, our diet plan of the week, marriage, the things we’ve seen on facebook, and a summary of the people’s blogs we read that we’ve never even met …I know, fascinating right? And on any given day of the week we launch into extensive discussions that solve all types of world problems. We talk on the phone at a minimum of 3 times a day for anywhere from 5 minutes to 3 hours. Our jobs, my husband and baby have tried to interfere with our phone time…to date all three have been unsuccessful…although Reese has come very close.

After our Starbucks coffees Steph played the part of my personal assistant and sat in the car with Reese while I went into Honey Baked Ham and paid no less than $78 for a Thanksgiving ham!! Apparently I should have asked the prices before I told the guy to give me a ham to feed 20 people. Now that I know the value of a ham I understand why they had 2 police officers standing guard at the door.


P.S. There are things that couldn’t be included in this post because our parents still don’t know about them and, lets face it, they can still whip us! And, just so you know, those things would have made you laugh really hard. Maybe in another 10 years or so we will be old enough to tell them all of our secrets and not be afraid of the consequences.
Reese is glad she got to see you again Auntie Steph!

1 comment:

  1. LOVED seeing you & Reese this weekend!!! Oh how I love this post... so many fun memories!! I cannot wait until Reese is old enough and I can tell her all the stories about her Mom & I!!!:) I love Reese cup & her Mom very much!!!

    ReplyDelete