Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentines Day!

I am of the school that Valentines is nothing more than a holiday made-up by the Hallmark corporation, but I will respect this made-up holiday by posting some pictures of my two favorite Valentines.

I actually found 2 cards in my car this morning waiting for me...please look at that little signature!


The other one was, of course, from the hubby telling me how much he loves me and all that jazz so I didn't think ya'll would be interested in reading such a fine Valentines love display in the form of words on a card (that I am pretty sure came from the Dollar General because now that I am thinking about it hubby was adamant about going to town by himself yesterday afternoon).

I feel the need to go back and tell ya'll a story. It was the year of 2005 and Adam and I were somewhat dating, but not really, but we really were except we didn't really want it public yet (that is another story for another time, but it involved a previous girlfriend- because ya'll- a direct quote from the hubby concerning the girls in his life prior to me- "I had hunnies hanging off me left and right." And really I have no commentary for that because it speaks for itself).
Anyway, I left a funny card in his truck on Valentines Day that year. Since he didn't have a card for me he had to sneak to my house (or trailer) to put a card on my windshield later that day. He declared he didn't know that we were doing cards since, you know, we "weren't dating." Except ya'll, we were sooo dating (in fact, he had already tried to get me to marry him that coming up summer in which I politely declined since my higher education was not complete). So anyway, the point of the story is that since I think it is a made-up holiday we never do cards, but I was delighted to see 2 waiting on me this morning. The hubby is a sweet one let me tell you.

And the only thing that could have surprised me more than the hubby giving me a V'Day card is a student giving me one! With a Blow Pop, Snickers, and an Air Head. High school teachers rarely get anything from their students, but this year I got 3 Christmas presents and now a Valentine present as well. My coworker, Miss Purdy, told me I must be getting soft!


Anyway, we had a lovely little weekend which consisted of Reese watching her "Monkey See Monkey Do" reading DVDs. She laughed and kicked her legs when the monkeys were on. It was precious.

And a lot of this took place...



On Sunday Reese wore her Valentine outfit that MeeMaw made for her. I think MeeMaw could sell this stuff! Speaking of MeeMaw can I please tell ya'll another story? Ok, last week I laughed so hard when I got a text from her saying, and I quote, "Please send me an email. I think a virus has my phone." Ya'll, a virus had abducted her phone. And I shouldn't have laughed because when a virus "has"your phone it is a reason to be concerned.



Here is some more of her handy work


After church we went to Red's for some deep fried goodness called catfish.

We had one meltdown...(I have uploaded this picture 3 times and every time it is sideways!)


And a picture to document one of the first times that Reese didn't cry when Big Daddy held her.



Reese with Jaycie and Brooklyn. Look at that superb photography on my part!

It was so pretty when we got home we sat outside for a while. This is when hubby insisted that he needed to go to town to get some things from the office. And, I bet, the Dollar General too;)

She also has these Minnie Mouse Valentine PJs.

I spent minutes of my life on Saturday learning how to use the Cricut to cut material and then iron it on to a onezie. I wasted almost a yard of fabric making that little heart, but now we know what we are doing. This was her ensemble for daycare today.
These are the cards that my friend, Amy Daniels, made for Reese to hand out at daycare. Nothing against SpongeBob Square Pants, but my sweet baby makes for a much cuter Valentine card:)


So that concludes my made-up holiday Valentines post! Happy Valentines all of you!!

4 comments:

  1. I have 3 things to say. 1)Reese is such a precious Valentine. 2) They look exactly alike when they are sleeping together on your bed. and finally 3)That line that Adam spit about his "hunnies" sounds like a little nugget from the book of Blake Bauer if I have ever heard one! Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LaRae you are so right!! Blake Bauer was behind a lot of his words of wisdom! But when Adam came in from the FD one day calling me his "Boo" I told him he had to stop hanging out with Blake. He was and always will be Adam's role model:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reese, you are just too cute!! I love my Valentine card- it is precious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. An impressive post, I just gave this to a colleague who is doing a little analysis on this topic. And he is very happy and thanking me for finding it. But all thanks to you for writing in such simple words. Big thumb up for this blog post!
    regards
    Bauer Chiropractic

    ReplyDelete