Monday, February 28, 2011

Our little Buttercup

On Thursdays I receive weekly updates that tell me how many weeks old Reese is and what she should be doing at this point in her life. Last weeks update read, "in the coming weeks your baby should begin to sit up unassisted." I am not ashamed to admit that I might have cried a tear or two when I read that. Sitting up? Unassisted? I fully expect next weeks to say, "pack her bags she's off to college." It is just all happening way too fast!! My heart can't take it.

We went ahead and bought a Nap Nanny because, really we feel certain that Reese is going to be a smart girl and get a scholarship. She won't need us for tuition.


Ms. Liz has a Nap Nanny and Reese likes it. Sleeping in this propped up position seems to have helped with all the congestion this weekend. Thankfully she did not have RSV, and we were told there wasn't much we could do about the congestion/stuffy nose.

On Saturday we hung out with the wee little one, took a trip to Oxford, and came home to ponder our upcoming yard project. Ya'll know Adam loves a project. Me- not so much. Mainly because I get stuck doing the stuff he doesn't enjoy such as painting or, in this case, staining the porch during my Spring Break week. I know, I know- you are green with envy at all the excitement known as my life.

All I know is that Spring Break isn't what it used to be with all of its sunshine and sand between my toes.

This little girl loves her leg warmers with fuzzy stuff at the bottom (yes, "fuzzy stuff" is the technical term;))




Just when I got her clothes on her she erupted like a little volcano! It was a rookie mistake on my part. All mothers know never to put clothes on the baby until you are ready to walk out the door.


We had a lovely lunch with MeeMaw at Mellow Mushroom. They have gotten a lot of business out of us lately since they have an outdoor patio.

Since a brush with death was not on Adams To Do list on Saturday he dropped me off at the door at WalMart with the grocery list. He had one request- Great Value Tropical gummy snacks. You know, the essentials.

We strolled through Lowe's for 5 or 90 minutes looking at their shrubs and flowers. One word comes to mind: overwhelmed. Landscaping is not for the light of heart. So we went by my Auntie Kay's house since they had just tackled this very project. We got some good ideas and are thinking of hiring them to come do ours for us.

Then we came home and stared at the front of our house for what seemed like days trying to decide what should be done. I would put up pictures, but I am too embarrassed. There is a lot of dirt/mud, some lovely weeds, and possibly some collard greens growing. You might be a redneck if... you have COLLARD GREENS growing in your front door.

Reese loves being outside and got even more excited when Adam would throw her up in the air. Actually, raise her in the air is a better description.







Don't you love buttercups? (That's probably not the technical term.) I could not be any more in love with this little face!

4 comments:

  1. I love the outdoor pictures! Makes me hopeful that spring is actually here and my mind isn't playing tricks on me. She just gets prettier and prettier! Her eyes look amazing against the green back drop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty girl!! Love the pictures.
    She is growing so fast...make it stop! :)
    My husband is tackling our landscaping issues on HIS spring break and I could not be happier about it. Our dogs have demolished about every shrub we've ever owned. We have spent a small fortune on "trying" to make our yard look good. We have yet to succeed. I guess we are gonna have to give away dogs before it actually looks good.:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pics- so stinkin cute!!! I was forced to landscape last year and now it is time to do some more!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the new pics of Reese! So cute!

    ReplyDelete