Friday, March 4, 2011

Happy Friday

Does it make me look like one of those crazy over the top mothers if I continuously talk about how precious I think she is?? Because Lord knows I don't want ya'll to think I am over the top crazy, but I adore her.


Moving on to topics that ya'll haven't heard me talk about 598 times. Reese and I had a little talk last night and I told her she really needed to eat some prunes since baby food seems to hurt her little tummy. Prunes?! She was scared-

Even a little nervous/concerned-
And for roughly 5 seconds it forced me to stop and question my mothering abilities. Isn't it wrong to make your baby eat something you would NEVER touch? But for the sake of all the midnight crying and tummy ache we would be forced to endure later in the night I pressed on. But I did feel sorry for her as she sat in her little high chair looking at me with those big eyes that looked so trusting. Trusting that her momma wouldn't do her wrong where food is concerned. Let me tell ya'll girlfriend loved the prunes. Loved them. How dare her make me feel all guilty and stuff.

I don't know if it was the prunes or what, but she slept like a little angel last night. (Until 4:00 when she woke up with a nose so stopped up that she couldn't breath while sucking on the ever present binky. So like any good mother I put her in our bed which is a cure-all and she went right back to sleep). This is how good she slept last night. That open mouth kind of sleep that is necessary for maximum rest and relaxation.
This morning Adam told me that we would be putting her in our bed tonight so that she would sleep all night because his dreams and ambitions for Saturday include sleeping till 8. Also in a form of desperation she is going to the chiropractor this afternoon in hopes of getting over all this congestion that keeps hanging around like a mini van in a newly married couples driveway. I'll report back to ya'll how successful this antidote is at decongesting our girl.
Reese's friend Avery Claire (who is also BFF Steph's niece in case some of you out there don't know me at ALL which quiet frankly freaks me out that people could be reading this that don't know me) and her momma, Brooke, sent Reese a Horton Hears a Who! onezie to ensure she celebrated Dr. Seuss's birthday in style. She proudly wore it to daycare on Tuesday and is immensly thankful to them for being so thoughtful.
It made me think about all the Dr. Seuss books of which I have read a staggering 3. But I have high hopes for myself now that I have a baby to read to. My favorite of the 3 being- Oh, The Place You'll Go! Those of you LHS graduates of 2003 please correct me if I am wrong, but I am pretty sure the speaker at our graduation read that book to us the night we finalized our high school experience. Didn't he? Tell me I am not making that up. I admit it was an emotional evening and I possibly cried the ugly cry, but I think I remember that. Anyway, I love that book. It is so relevant to life and I would go read it again, but I am affraid it would remind me of graduation night and all the people I haven't seen since then and I might cry another tear. I mean, get over it Elena! That was like 8 years ago! Plus it's Friday which is the happiest day of the week. I'll wait and read it and reminisce about high school on Monday. Tears on Mondays are much more fitting.

7 comments:

  1. I love the scared face picture. And I do not recall reading the places we will go but I forget alot and considering I cried so much I couldn't see/hear well, I have no idea. if that was read, I am going to the dr. for memory loss!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Ollie you are making me seriously question myself. Maybe it was read at someone else's graduation and I am confused! I could just swear that Gerald Dial read that book as part of his speech???? Was he our speaker???

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't even remember Gerald Dial speaking I thought it was Mark Bowen.....Lord Help, I am getting old :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was Mark Bowen..I didn't catch that the first time!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do believe we had a little meeting with
    Mrs. Dial sometime before graduation about colleges and such and she read that book. I remember it being read, just can't recall when.:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brandi you are so right. It was Mark Bowen! I don't know where I got Gerald Dial. Maybe I got confused with Mrs. Dial reading the book. I need to check my high school facts before go blogging about them. 8 years must have made my memory fuzzy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Elena, I only sorta remembered because he jabbered for what seemed liked days.....

    ReplyDelete