Friday, March 11, 2011

Autie Amber Alert!!!

I regret to inform you that our sweet Autie is missing. She was last seen on Thursday morning around 8:00 at our house. One of two things have happened: 1. She has run away from home since Reese took all of her attention. In which case I would much appreciate if someone would return her. She gets plenty of attention so disregard any story she tries to tell you about how awful her parents are. 2. Someone saw her, wanted her, and picked her up in our yard. In which case if we find out you have her I will send A-Master out to hunt you down. He will be armed and semi-dangerous. Lets just keep this civil and return our daughter. Thank you.



I can't express how sad it makes me that she is missing. Who will protect our yard if she doesn't come back? Dixie? Yeah, sure. Dixie is more of a welcoming committee. Autie has always been very good to bark at threatening and scary things such as pine needles falling from the trees. Many nights we have been awoke (awakened??) by Autie barking to let us know that somewhere in the yard a leaf hit the ground.

Dixie is aware that she is a dog but Autie is of the belief that she is in fact a person and should be treated as such. And let me tell you, Dixie isn't taking this well. Thanks to my excellent photography skill you can see just how sad she is.


I kid you not, the whites in her eyes were red last night. We got Autie because Dixie's BFF Rose Bud got taken in a drive by dog napping one Saturday while she was helping out with a neighbors yard sale. Through counseling and prayer Dixie accepted the disappearance of her Rose Bud, but this situation with Autie could kill her. I hesitate to say that we may have to get her a prescription for nerve pills. And maybe some Ambien just to help her rest easier.
If you or someone you know has seen her please let us know. There might be a reward. (However, that is highly unlikely)
Just as I was about to post this I recieved the call that Autie returned home. It seems that she disappeared for a day or two in an effort to get more attention at home. Rest assured she will be punished to the furthest extent of the law.

4 comments:

  1. Dixie wasn't the only one missing Autie. I think Autie's mother was very sad and afraid she might never see her baby again. Your Dad and I were so glad to see that little four legged creature running up Nubbin Creek Rd. If I hadnt been so glad to see her I would have switched her all the way home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad she's home. I don't know what I would do without my Molli.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mystery solved! Tune in next week as we solve the mystery of the broken planters on The Simple Life...or is it?

    I'm not sure if my sarcastic television humor cam through in that. I am glad that Autie made it home though. What would Reese have done without a dog her size at home?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoy reading your blog so much! I just wanted to let you know that I had to sign up to follow your blog again. I stopped blogging for awhile, but have started back with a new account, so now I'm a follower on your blog twice and don't know how to remove my old account?? Here's the link to our new blog if you ever want to visit: http://benwendyeligabesam.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete