Monday, March 28, 2011

The day he's been waiting for...

I hope you all had as lovely of a weekend as we did. It was filled to the brim with nothingness. Unless you count the highly anticipated event also known as my biannual cleaning out of the closet. Which took me a sweet forever on Saturday. On Sunday Adam took Reese over to the lake to do a little fishing while Momma trailed behind on foot because there is this nagging beach trip lurking in our future. I completed Week 1 Day 1 of the Couch to 5K program. Yeah, don't expect me to ever bring that up again because I have a sneaking suspicion Day 2 and me- we will never meet. I spent the first 15 minutes thinking I might die and the last 10 minutes wishing I would. But thankfully I got a lot of moral support from hubby. The last 10 minutes of the run of death he was kind enough to ride beside me in the truck while giving me words of encouragement like, "keep it up I still see some jiggling." If he would have married a sensitive woman I assure you they would already be divorced. I did take a break to capture a few Kodak moments.


It's just the scene I imagined as I folded all those pink dresses and dreamed of all the baby girl sweetness that life with a daughter would bring. Look at her face. That is sheer joy you are seeing. She thought it was so funny! And her daddy- it was his proudest moment. She has a pink Barbie fishing pole he is just itching to teach her to use.












(Note: Her hands were thoroughly cleaned after this.)


On Thursday Adam took Reese to get her 6 month shots. She weighed 14lbs and 3 ounces and was 26 inches long. Dr. Cabellaro says she is going to be tall and thin. I will be interested in seeing how accurate he is.

2 comments:

  1. She will be using that Barbie fishing pole before you know it.
    You are doing better than me on the Couch 2 5k. I have the app downloaded and I just have not started it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it. I can just see her next summer, shorts, cowgirl boots and fishing pole.

    ReplyDelete