Sunday, March 20, 2011

Half a Year

She's 6 months old and I can't believe it!
(Note: the boo boo above her eye- yeah, I accidentally did that with my fingernail. And Lord have mercy, I heard about it from Pee Paw!)



And she strongly believes that everything she gets her hands on should go in her mouth.










At 6 months old Reese:

Weighs: 14 lbs 7oz (as of 2 weeks ago)
Height: (I have no idea. Hopefully I will remember to measure her this afternoon)
Drinks 4 ounces every 3 hours or so. She loves banana, prunes, sweet potatoes, and any of the combinations such as apple strawberry granola. She does not like raspberries!
She can sit up for a few seconds by herself.
During spring break she spent some time gearing up for the warmer weather and our upcoming summer vacation (while I spent some time loving and kissing her because, oh my goodness, she is 6 MONTHS OLD!)






I learned one important fact about our girl during spring break...she does not nap well. I don't know what she does at daycare, but let me tell you, last week she didn't take more than a 20 minute nap everyday. And she won't go down without a fight. And who can blame her? There was so much excitement with all of the landscaping and porch staining.

The best nap she got all week was when we put her in her seat and sat it on the swing. In essence we were trying to trick her into thinking we were riding in the car. It worked on this particular occasion. On Saturday, because I value my sanity, we loaded her up during a major meltdown and drove around for a little while.

Her daddy got the swing hung up and she loves it!


And because I took a blogacation (blog vacation- haha) I didn't post a picture of her little St. Patricks Day getup until now.
She is very ticklish especially around her neck and under her arms.


She is excited about her new swimsuits and can't wait to go swimming.



I plan to talk more about this in another post, but when she goes to sleep she pulls/plays in her hair.

Gave Pee Paw and Jolie a tutorial on how to drive the tractor.



During day 1 of our yard makeover Jolie did a little babysitting. I loved how she propped Reese's head up on her baby doll in lieu of a pillow.



She finally figured out how to get her toes in her mouth!


(I am emotionally not ready to discuss this, but for those of you (like myself) who are challenged by mathematics, in 6 more months she will be one year old. 1 year old. And then they are not babies anymore. Just thinking about it makes me sad.)
Our friends Jared and Elizabeth Harris came and made 6 month pictures last weekend. Having pictures made with a little tot makes me so edgy, but she was very tolerant of all of the picture taking madness! If you are interested click here to see the slide show.

6 comments:

  1. Well, I have missed you and Reese on your blogacation. Glad you are back. The pics are beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, she is seriously just too pretty for words! The pictures are amazing! You guys are such a cute little family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was thinking the exact same thing Brittany said!! You are so pretty girl!! And you have a precious precious little girl and family! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I missed you on your blogacation, but I enjoyed seeing you more. The pictures are priceless. Since you spent 50% of your life with Stephanie swinging I was assured Reese would love to swing. Cant wait to hear about playing with her hair!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The pictures are gorgeous! Don't know if it's the hormones or the fact that kids grow way too fast, but this pregnant lady was about in tears as I watched the slide show. Reese is such a little cutie!

    ReplyDelete