Thursday, February 10, 2011

Snow, Housewife, Gas, & Food

The title sums up my day today...unorganized and random.

So my day started like this...I got up at the usual, yet ridiculous, hour of 5 A.M., got ready, went out and cranked the car (because I just can't start my commute in a cold car), got my lunch packed (a healthy and appetizing bag of popcorn), and started back out the door. I decided to send my coworker Melissa Roberson (yes, at C'burg we have a Mrs. Robertson and Mrs. Roberson and it leads to just as much confusion as you can image it does) a text to confirm that school was not delayed. 33/40 was not reporting a delay for us, but you know, better to be safe than sorry- and boy would I have been sorry....it was decided at 5 AM to delay 2 hours. Which, since I don't have tenure I am not going to mention how helpful it would have been to have made that announcement oh you know, a little earlier...like the NIGHT BEFORE. So I turned my car off and got back in bed with my two favorite people. Yes, Reese has slept in our room/bed for the past two nights. One reason is she is severely congested and the other reason is getting a post all its own next week. Anyway, I had the honor of taking her to daycare this morning. So during our spare time we looked out at the snow for a while...(and can I say that she is looking more like her daddy everyday. those ears are just like his!)

We even did some laundry...



And we washed dishes, started some more laundry in the washer, and cleaned up around the house. I feel the need to state the obvious- I would make an exceptional housewife. Adam, are you reading this?

The hour was approaching that we needed to leave so I attempted to wipe the 16 layers of Vicks baby rub off of her chest and we were on our way.


I traveled to school today in a vehicle that Adam and Big Daddy are trying to sell (mainly because I was absolutely out of gas and I talked Adam into risking his life and driving my car to work today in case it didn't make it to the gas station). I was given strict instructions not to put more that $1o of gas in the car I was driving because it is about to be sold. After starting the pump at the gas station and walking in to get my daily cup of heaven in the form of decaffeinated coffee I ran back to the car telling BFF Steph on the phone that, "Adam is going to be so mad, Adam is going to be so mad...." I had officially allowed $60 of gold, also known as gasoline, go into the tank!!!!!! And then I was late to school. I took "school delayed" for all it was worth! And for good reason- where I teach NEVER gets delayed.

Hubby wasn't mad- in fact, he notified me not to worry about supper tonight- he has it covered. So I am fully expecting something homemade, like Firehouse Subs.

Speaking of food- Taco Bell and I have broken up. I haven't announced this publicly until now because I wasn't sure if we were just on a "break" or past the point of no return. After an in depth discussion with my marketing classes this week about how it is being reported that "anti dusting" agents are being used in their "meat" I must say that whatever we once had is officially over. And it hurts me to say that because my college days largely consisted of 2 hard shell tacos with extra cheese and an order of nachos and cheese. I had allowed myself to be blinded by love of this fine dining establishment, but after reading this we are officially past the point of reconciliation.

2 comments:

  1. I am sad about Taco Bell bc I love me some Nacho Supreme.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't been able to bring myself to eat Taco Bell in a while. Also, don't you hate that they don't make weather decisions earlier!Gah! Especially for those of us who do have to drive a million miles to work.

    ReplyDelete