Sunday, May 9, 2010

And her name is...

I have to say that naming our child has been challenging, exciting, and at times frustrating! It is amazing how opinionated everyone becomes when you are naming your kid:) Adam had already declared the boy name, but since it's a girl that wouldn't work. Surprisingly, we have agreed on several girl names. Some of the names Adam liked I was completely against and most of the names I picked (girl and boy) he was completely against. We also had another obstacle...Big Daddy (Adam's Dad) has a really hard time with certain words...and those of you who know him know exactly what I mean...for example he can't say Opelika, penguins, or pilgrims just to name a few. So with every name option we had to get him to say it just to be sure he was capable of pronouncing it. I wanted something unique, but I didn't want to have to explain myself everytime I told people her name. So...













We announced the name to the grandmother's for Mother's Day by giving them this card from Baby Reese



7 comments:

  1. Elena, I love it! Reese Robertson. Adorable! Makes me want to pinch her cheeks right now...Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a cute name!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it too! Can't wait to meet sweet baby Reese!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I must admit I was surprised with the name Reese. I had heard the name Caroline mentioned, so I wasn't surprised. I am glad baby, Reese Caroline, has a name before she is borned. I am sure her Pee Paw is going to have a nick name for her. God has bless us with this baby a million times over.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just so everyone knows...the post above this is my mom not me:)

    ReplyDelete