Monday, May 17, 2010

Dear First Born

Dear First Born,

I want you to know in advance that we love you more than words could say! You are one lucky little girl...you have a Daddy that is an incredible man...and you have me...I might be a little bit Type A Personality and nutty at times, but I'll do my best to make sure you have everything you need in life (and most things that you want!). Now on to the more important matters. There are a few things you should know...

  • I absolutely HATE needles. Hate, do you understand? I have a very short list of things that really get me upset and needles are at the top of that list. I would rather be sick for days and days than to get a shot. I completely lost it when we first went to the doctor to check on you and they tried to take my blood with no advance notice...they tried to take blood, but didn't happen until a few weeks later (I have to have advanced notice for needle situations and on this particular day I did not get advanced notice...in fact your Daddy had promised me they would not try to take blood). Well for you Baby Reese I have had my blood taken and because I have A- blood type I will be getting a shot really soon for that also...not to mention the IV and epidural that I am facing on the day of your birth...and then after you get here there will be round 2 of the shot for my blood type. This fact about my fear of needles says so very much about my love for you! Also, your Daddy will be the one to take you to get all of the shots you require in life...I can't do it.

  • I am not a huge fan of pink. I wear pink and I like pink for the most part, but when it comes to my house pink is no where to be found....until now...Just for you Baby Reese I will be putting pink on a wall in my house. Yes, only 1 wall will be painted because I just can't take more than that!

  • I really, really, really like for the house to be clean! The quickest way to put me into a bad mood is to come home from work and see that the house is messy. I can't sit down and rest until everything is in its place. This is a curse and a blessing, I guess. But Baby Reese could you please take this into consideration before arriving? Mommy really needs you to be neat and orderly.

  • I need my sleep! This has been a well known fact in our family for years now. I must get at least 8 hours of sleep...it ranks right up there with eating and drinking fluids everyday. When I don't get enough sleep there are consequences...and we really don't need that now do we?? Baby Reese I am not a fan of you sleeping in the bed with us (partly because your Mommy slept with MeeMaw and PeePaw until she was....well...the exact age doesn't really matter...and your Daddy slept with D.D. and Big Daddy so don't let him fool you) but if that's the only way you will sleep I am willing to allow it. This is very important. If you are not a good sleeper then you might end up an only child with no one to play with because if it doesn't go well with you then it is highly likely there will be no more.


  • Also, I'm not much of a homebody...don't get me wrong, I like a day at home with nothing to do every now and then, but I like to go places...so...could you please come here liking your car seat and stroller?

Even if you come here at the high price of a few needles, making messes, staying up all night, and one pink wall in my house I know you will be worth it all. I completely understand that I will probably not get all of these requests so let's concentrate on sleeping at night and not being too messy. I thought you should know these things in advance. We love you and can't wait to meet you!

4 comments:

  1. That is so sweet!! Laurie wrote a blog like that to Ellie the day we found out Louise was pregnant! It was so sweet!! Those are things that she will always remember! :) and i am with you on the needles thing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how sweet this is!! Reese, I love how you are already bringing out your Mommy's soft side!:)
    Your Aunt Steph can't wait to meet you either!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elena, I love this post! Love it! So funny! Yet, so sweet! You looked so cute the other day with your little baby bump! Can't wait until Reese makes her arrival!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Precious post!!!You can't even imagine how much you're going to love that baby girl!! And you'll be so glad to see that epidural needle coming (and it's not bad, I promise!)!!

    ReplyDelete