Saturday, June 5, 2010

24 Weeks- At The Beach

At 24 weeks Baby Reese is the length of an ear of corn

And looks something like this

How Far Along: 24 weeks
Weight Gain: Ok, so maybe I freaked out a little bit (or a lot) last week about gaining 4 pounds. This week for the weigh in I had lost 2 of those pounds…so maybe Adam was right…water retention. So I am giving my oath…I will not freak out again about a weeks weight gain. So the total at this point is 14 pounds.
Maternity Clothes: Yes
Stretch Marks: No. Still lathering in Coco Butter daily.
Sleep: Boppy, the maternity pillow, and I are sleeping very well!
Baby Movement: Yes
Food Cravings: On our way to the beach this week I had my favorite breakfast food…Hardee’s Cinnamon Raisin Biscuits!! Then last night I had yummy crab cakes. Tonight…pizza. I might need to be reminded about that oath I just made.
What I Miss: Nothing
Looking Forward To: The furniture should be coming in within a week or two. The 4D sonogram in a few weeks!
Milestones: Baby Reese has gained 4 ounces since last week. Her face is almost fully formed with eyelashes, eyebrows, and hair…which has no pigment at this point and is white.

We have been at the beach for a few days with some of our favorite people. I spent more time under an umbrella this trip than all previous beach trips combined...plus I wore WAY more sunscreen than ever before....AND wore a swimsuit that covered my ever swelling stomach...needless to say there were a lot of firsts this trip! I vow to be back in a two piece swimsuit next year...Please remind me of that after Reese gets here and I am exhausted from no sleep and start skipping trips to the gym in the afternoons. (Dear Santa, if your reading this I would really like an eliptical this year...)

Baby Daddy didn't burn this trip either...another first (mostly because he napped in the room during the day)



All the girls rode to dinner together and let Anna Kate ride with the guys. She screamed the whole way. Don't worry Anna Kate we all cried the first time we were alone with them too!

Baby Reese, this is how Daddy spent our last beach trip without any responsiblities...

For those of you worrying about the oil spill- The guys spent a significant amount of time in the water looking for "tar balls"- this is the one they found...

D.D. and MeeMaw,

Next year we would really like to come to the beach with our friends. Since Reese will not be walking at that point can she please spent a few nights with ya'll? We will be looking for a response in roughly 12 months from now :) That should be plenty of time to make a decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment