Friday, June 18, 2010

26 Weeks

Baby Reese is the length of an English Hothouse Cucumber (which I have never heard of) and weighs about 1 2/3 pounds


How Far Along: 26 weeks…I firmly believe that this is the hottest summer on record! Or maybe it’s the extra weight and baby I am carrying around that makes it seem that way.
Weight Gain: Up 2 pounds this week. Total 17 pounds
Maternity Clothes: Yes
Stretch Marks: No. I have ordered a cream called Mothers Friend to try. The smell of Coco Butter is getting really old so I thought I’d try something new.
Sleep: Good
Baby Movement: Yes. Sometimes what I think is her head looks like it is trying to break out of my stomach, but then I read last night that could be Braxton Hicks Contractions.
Food Cravings: Right now I love the Chicken Strip salad at Chick-Fil-A with ranch and 1000 island dressing.
What I Miss: Nothing
Looking Forward To: I have been looking forward to the 4-D sonogram in two weeks…until…this week when I was at my monthly check up she told me we would do the gestational diabetes test (which includes taking blood) and the Rhogam shot (for A- blood type) on the same day as my 4-D sonogram. Needless to say, all these needles have put a real dampener on my excitement for the sonogram. Tomorrow we are going to a birthing class- not to learn how to breath during labor, but to take a tour of the hospital, hear an anesthesiologist talk about an epidural (I just hope he doesn’t bring a real needle for demonstration because I really don’t want to know how big it is!), and most importantly for Adam to hear what all of this is going to be like and what he will need to do when I go into labor! He is far from happy about spending a Saturday in a birthing class, but there are things I really need to know in advance!

Milestones: Baby Reese’s stay in Hotel Womb is now two-thirds complete- which makes her Mommy really nervous that we are not nearly ready for a baby to come in roughly 14 weeks! Although her eyes are still sealed shut the retina development is complete this week. Her hearing also continues to develop and she can now recognize her Daddy’s voice.



Several of my family members went in together and got us the stroller and car seat we had picked out. I got it yesterday and could't wait to put it together.

Baby Reese, your Daddy never reads instructions because he can usually figure things out just by looking at it, but when he put your stroller together he read the instructions since something so value would be riding in it.

Nothing will remind you your having a baby like a car seat sitting in your house! Thanks you for the awesome gift Auntie Kay & Mike, Griff & Shannon, Nanny, Papa & Katherine!

3 comments:

  1. My mom swears by "mothers friend" for stretch marks. She bought me some when I was pregnant. I can't believe you are already 26 weeks. Your stroller and carseat are really cute. Talk to me about braxton hicks contractions. I started them about 26 weeks and had them until I delivered. See you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the car seat/stroller - cute, cute! Just wait 'til Reese gets here and see how much baby gear you have sitting around your house! And maybe baby Reese's eyes are open - the books say no, but Avery Claire's were open at a 24 week ultrasound! The epidural needle is not bad, I promise. And if your birthing classes are anything like ours, take a blindfold for those videos! You don't even have to watch the real thing when you give birth, so you certainly don't have to watch it on those videos!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i used mother's friend and i also used the mama bee stuff by burt's bees, and i didn't get a single stretch mark!! use it postpartum and it will help your skin to bounce back faster too. =) you look so cute pregnant!

    ReplyDelete