Tuesday, June 29, 2010

4-D Sonogram

First of all, I slept for roughly 30 seconds last night. This fear of needles has almost put me over the edge! I couldn't even get excited about seeing her on the 4-D sonogram because my stomach was in knots over the shot and blood work. I know that the nurses in the doctors office hate to see me coming, and to be honest I am not all that crazy about going to see them! But I am happy to say that the Rhogam shot and the blood work are over; however things didn't go so well with the gestational diabetes test:( I failed the test miserably! If your sugar is over 140 you have to come back for the 3 hour test. Mine was 164:( They later informed me that for the 3 hour test (which is when you sit in the doctors office, drink a really sweet drink, and they take your blood every hour for 3 hours) they don't prick your finger-they actually take blood from your arm! That's when I broke down and cried in the doctors office. The nurse practicioner, who knows exactly how I feel about all this blood taking, kept say, "why did YOU have to fail the test!" Which leads me to beleive she isn't excited about me coming back for the 3 hour test.
Amen, sister! Me either!
Here are some of the 4-D pictures. I am not sure what you see, but I will include the description of what we see...
Face profile- beautiful:)

During the majority of the sonogram she tried to hide her face, and her hands were in her face most of the time. Just beautiful:)

During every sonogram we have had she is always moving her mouth. During this sonogram she, of course, was moving her mouth. Her daddy said, "just like her mother" and to that statement she stuck her tongue out at him...(which were my feelings exactly)

Maybe Adam and I are the only ones that see this, but we are pretty sure she is laughing in this one... so beautiful:)



Crossed feet


Crossed hands in front of her face



We think that she looks like she is crying in this one...and she is just beautiful:)







3 comments:

  1. Wesley and I agree...she IS beautiful! These pictures make it even more real! We are so excited for ya'll! I hate that you are going to have to go back for more lab work :( We will be praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness Elena! These pictures are amazing! No really! They are the best 4D pictures I have ever seen!!! WOW! And agreeing with you and Kathryn, she is SO beautiful! Can't wait to see that sweet face in person! Just a few more weeks!!! :)

    ReplyDelete