Wednesday, July 14, 2010

30 Weeks

At 30 weeks Reese is about 3 pounds and 15 3/4 inches long which is about the weight of a large cabbage


How Far Along: 30 weeks
Weight Gain: 21 lbs
Maternity Clothes: Yes
Stretch Marks: Not yet, but I really do question how big can you get? I don’t feel like I can grow one more inch however I know the growing is really about to start.
Sleep: Good
Baby Movement: Yes. After 28 weeks you are supposed to keep dedicate 1 hour each day to count the number of kicks which should be at least 10. This almost makes me crazy. If I am really busy and don’t pay attention I start to wonder if she has moved at all and then all kinds of thoughts enter my mind. I promise pregnancy has made me crazier than I ever was before! What will motherhood do to me?
Food Cravings: Anything and everything.
What I Miss: Cool weather and being able to catch my breath. I feel like there is no more space in my abdominal area and I can’t really breathe all that well.
Looking Forward To: Once again there has been a delay in the furniture…which is really starting to bug me. And for those of you who have been hearing me complain about this matter I would like to take this time to apologize. Furniture that should have been here in 6 to 8 weeks has now taken 12 weeks…but “it should be here end of this week or the first of next week.” I am seriously doubting it since I have been told that for 3 consecutive weeks. Friday is the big day for the 3 hour gestational diabetes test, but I am not thinking about it because I don’t have the energy to get upset this week. This week has been completely dedicated to completing my course work for my master degree and I am almost done!!!!!
Milestones: At 30 weeks Baby Reese is starting to shed the lanugo which is the downy hair she grew to help keep her warm. She hasn’t gained much weight or height this week because all of her energy has gone to developing brain cells.

I got the bedding last weekend and I am in love with it! Here is one of the bumpers and the bed skirt

My friend LaRae monogrammed this onesie for Reese and I love it!

She inspired me to get MeeMaws monogramming machine out and learn how to use it. For those of you who know my mother…she owns a small Hobby Lobby in the upstairs of her house. She has EVERYTHING…including a Cricut scrapbooking machine and a monogramming machine. I am going to be putting it to good use in the next few weeks. It is actually easier to use than I thought. And this is what the dinning room looks like with all of this creativeness going on...

3 comments:

  1. LOVE the bedding!! Can't wait to see it all put together! I love the onesie LaRae did and proud you are finally learning to work this machine thats been unused at Gay's Craft Corner!:) Can't wait to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the bedding looks great! as for weight gain/stretch marks, i gained 35 lbs with dexter. i didn't get any stretch marks at all. you can go to my facebook and look at how huge i was too...i was very very big. my abdominal skin is completely back to normal now, except i am still hanging on to 10 of those pounds.

    oh, and motherhood makes you crazier than you ever thought possible. i am still waking up in the middle of the night to check on dexter to make sure he's still breathing, and he is nine months old!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea for a monogramming machine! That will be so fun to have - I'm jealous! You learn how to use it and I'll send work your way so you can make some extra $ (to help pay for daycare!). Maybe you can give me a good deal on monogramming (since I will also be paying for daycare)! :)

    ReplyDelete