Thursday, July 29, 2010

32 Weeks

Baby Reese is the size of a large jicama...I googled and discovered that a jicama is similar to a turnip and is often eaten with salads. I am learning an awful lot about food types!

How Far Along: 32 weeks
Weight Gain: I've lost track....such a shame:)
Maternity Clothes: Yes and I have to go back to actually wearing decent clothes next week when I go back to work :( I have spent my summer lounging around in Adam's boxer shorts and t-shirts.
Stretch Marks: Not yet, but I have had so many people tell me that they didn’t get any stretch marks until the baby arrives and they started losing the weight! Just when you think you’re in the clear!
Sleep: Well I officially think we are in trouble! In the last few nights I have noticed that she moves around a lot! If that is any sign as to how our nights are going to be when she gets here it is not going to be good for us!
Baby Movement: Yes. She is getting more cramped in there by the minute.
Food Cravings: Nothing in particular.
What I Miss: I definitely do not get around like I used to. In my previous life I could run circles around Adam. Now he is always walking ahead of me and looking back asking, “what has happened to you?” Well, for starters I am carrying around an extra 20+ pounds! Not to mention how bad my feet hurt. I had to go run a few errands in Oxford on Monday and when I got home I told Adam I was exhausted. His words of wisdom, “As big as you are you need to slow down!” HAHAHA!
Looking Forward To: We finally got the furniture in (pictures below). I am most looking forward to seeing her sweet little face in a few weeks.
Milestones: At 32 weeks Reese weights around 4 pounds and is about 19 inches long (depending on which website you read describing the average size at this stage). She is busy getting ready for her big debut by practicing swallowing, breathing, kicking, and sucking. Her skin is no longer see-through, but is now opaque just like ours.

We finally got the furniture in! I still have no clue what is going to go on the walls, but here is what we have so far…



I stole this idea from another blog. For now I put this outfit into this frame with burlap backing, but once Reese arrives I plan to use this to save the outfit she wears home from the hospital. Once I decide where it will go it will hang on the wall.

This is the quilt my BFF Stephanie gave Reese to hang over her crib. I can't imagine how she knew I wanted this. I have only been talking about it for the last 30 weeks or so:)

Another idea I stole from a blog. This is called a Blessing Ring. I got a necklace from the jewelry section of Hobby Lobby, added a pink ribbon and hair bow to it, and it is used to save all of the sweet cards we were given at our showers. I love this because it is a great way to keep up with all the cards, and it is a great reminder of how blessed we are to have such thoughtful family and friends.

I can’t imagine what she is going to wear, can you??? Bless her heart she hasn’t gotten any clothes:)

I love wall scripts so I ordered this to go above her closet...


Sadly, I have to go back to the real world next week and my trips with Adam are over for a while. Actually probably a little longer than a while since we are about to have a baby, and riding in a car for 8 hours a day isn’t exactly baby friendly. So I rode with him this week because I might not get to do this for several years! Along the way this is some of the things we saw. North Carolina is a beautiful place!

To get this picture....

This extremely pregnant girl walked down and back up all these steps plus some more to see this waterfall. It was a struggle. I sounded like I needed oxygen when I got back to the top!

1 comment:

  1. Your nursery is beautiful! I love all of your ideas. I may have to steal the idea with the coming home outfit. I just have Sophie's in the closet. You have no idea just how baby friendly your car rides will become when she is about two months old. We went to Georgia and she slept the whole way there and back. I love reading all the blogs.

    ReplyDelete