Wednesday, May 18, 2011

8 months old...Corrected!

After much investigation I figured out the sizing problem (even though some are still too big...). I am not going to go into the kind of day I have had, but I will tell you this....over the past 3 years I have had to take 4 classes to get my teaching certificate.....I was notified today that the 4 I took are no longer accepted by the state. So together lets do the math...$550 per class x 4 classes= $2,200 DOWN. THE. DRAIN! Plus I now have to take a 5th class this summer to correct this problem. Happy Friday to me.

She's 8 Months old!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

And then she was tired of all the pictures and wanted her Daddy to pick her up! So sweet!
Photobucket

Weight: ??

Length: ??

(We have a doctors appointment in a couple of weeks and will get accurate stats.)

We discovered last weekend through a series of very scientific tests that she absolutely, in no way shape or form, does not like strawberries or anything similar to strawberries. She gagged continuously when I tried to feed her Gerber Strawberry Yogurt and Gerber Strawberry Puffs.
But of course I kept giving it to her for 2 reasons: a. who doesn't like strawberries and b. it was so funny to watch her sweet little face when she tasted them. I know, you don't have to tell me, I am such a sweet and delicate mother.

We had to start supplementing formula this month. About 1 bottle a day she drinks Similac Advanced. She seems to like it, but I think it has a funny smell. Maybe it's just me. (Also, stuff is not cheap!)

We bumped her up to size 3 diapers even though they are a little big. She still wears mostly 6 month clothes.

Went on her first 4wheeler ride with her PeePaw and was not happy about her hair having the wind blown look. Seeing her ride the 4wheeler with PeePaw reminded me so much of my own childhood. I was always up for a 4wheeler ride where we would go check on the cows all of which were given names such as Petful, Playful, Wild Thing etc. (very original, huh?) I suspect she will grow up doing much of the same.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Although I couldn't get a really good picture she has a serious farmers tan!
Photobucket

Photobucket

She really isn't a fan of laying on her stomach so I don't think crawling is anywhere in our near future, but when she is on her stomach she does a backwards scoot.
Photobucket

She can show a bottle who is the boss! Even if she has just had one if she sees one she must have it.
Photobucket

Loves to play with her daddy. When he comes home in the afternoons she smiles soooo big because she knows it is playtime.
Photobucket

Loves to take a bath mostly because she gets to chew on her rubber duckies.

Photobucket

Have you ever seen one of these net things that she is holding? I know I never had until last week....you put different snacks such as grapes, Puffs, carrots etc into the net and then she chews on it without getting choked. Ms. Liz told me she liked chewing on this at daycare so we got her one and she loves it! Grapes and carrots are her favorite. I assume since they are cold it feels good on her gums.

Photobucket

Since we got our sleeping arrangements under control sleeping with her hands behind her head and sleeping on her side are her best sleeping positions. If/when she cries during the night we stare at the monitor and beg, "roll on your side! roll on your side!" because when she gets on her side she goes right back to sleep.



Photobucket

We had a shower at our house a few weeks ago and Reese got to see all of her favorite peeps. Ami got in a little practice for her upcoming bundle.

Photobucket

Reese said Ami knew just how to rock and that she should do just fine with a babe of her own.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Anna Kate loves Reese. And y'all know what she calls me? She calls me "WeeWee"...as in LeeLee which is what was the nieces and nephews call me and when she called me that it made me love her even more than I already did.
Photobucket

Photobucket

She helped her Daddy celebrate his birthday. And she helped him eat his birthday pie too.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

She loves her jumparoo, but sometimes she just has to put her head down and rest a while.

Photobucket

Here she is loving the net again. This time she was chewing on Puffs. Her favorite flavor Puffs: sweet potato. Not strawberry or apple cinnamon, but sweet potato. Where did she come from?

Photobucket

She got to see cousin Jay last weekend and she really 'took a likin' to him.
Photobucket

She kept resting her head on his shoulder. So sweet!
Photobucket

But this was my favorite picture!
Photobucket

Our girl loves to rip apart read every magazine she can get her little chubby hands on.
Photobucket

Happy 8 months Reese E Cup!

Let the record show that I have 5 days of school after today. There are some people in my life (A-master- I'm looking at you) who think I am going to spend my entire summer watching the hair on her head grow. But I also have high expectations of napping intermittently throughout the day, reading a few good books, and lounging by the pool. That is if I can take my eyes of her sweet little face. See, very productive. Don't worry A-master, I will throw something together for you to eat every night. Maybe.

4 comments:

  1. I have no idea what's up with your pictures...are you clicking the "direct link" thing? Making sure they aren't "original size"? That's strange! Anyway...I have about a half a tub of Similac Advance that Luke can't take (he's on soy due to possible allergies). It's fresh/new/nothing is wrong with it...and it's FREE to you if you want it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elena secret confession....Ellie likes the sweet potato puffs too and so me and Louise were curious and well they aren't too bad and I do NOT under ANY circumstances like real sweet potatoes! :) You should try one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy 8 Months Reese!!! You are as cute as ever! We love you! Aunt Alli and Addison

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the pics of Reese and J. I have one that is my favorite- so sweet and I will post it as soon as crazy school is over with.
    I have tried puffs myself and they are quite tasty!!

    ReplyDelete