Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Long, long post that you probably won't even bother to read (and I don't blame you)...

On Saturday we helped work a booth that our church had at the Music and Arts Festival after we participated in the walk/run for Autism that morning. Before we left home Adam was looking for his ipod and the band to secure it on his arm. Bless his heart he thought it was a 5K. It was a 1 mile fun run, but I couldn't bring myself to tell him. I would be willing to bet my jogging stroller that he was listening to something of the Snoop Dogg variety while he brought home the 2nd place trophy. (Brother Ross, I am just kidding. $PimpinAin'tEasy$ would NEVER listen to that trash. NEVER.) Reese and I didn't have Snoop Dogg to motivate us so we were forced to walk the mile. It's like pregnancy caused me to have the stamina of a 90 year old. And not the ones that do aerobics at the assisted living. What I'm trying to say is I ain't what I used to be. Neither is Adam. He stretched for an extended period of time and then after it was all over claimed that if he was 10 years younger he would have won.






















When we got home we went old school and gave her a bath in the sink. She loved it.


After 2 months of lock down in the dog penitentiary we allowed the pups to come back home. I love them, but I haven't really missed them. I like it when they were securely locked away in a fence without the opportunity to chew up my valuables. They hadn't been home 24 hours when Dixie got stuck under the porch.





This picture leads me to my next point of interest. See the cleats? Yep, church league softball. A-master has signed up to play because he loves and adores playing. I signed up to play because he FORCED me to. Don't worry, I am only a fill in. And I want to apologize to the team in advance for dodging any ball that comes my way. It's a natural reflex.


And now lets discuss our girl. Back in the day I had an immune system that caused hubby to be jealous. I laughed in the face of germy little teenagers at school. Then Reese came along and went to daycare with all of its pacifier trading and endless hugs for the babies and things in our family haven't been the same since. She started having a stuffy nose last week and then on Monday night it took a turn for the worst and she woke up with a terrible hacking cough. Adam took her to the doctor yesterday and we found out she has a "very small"ear infection in one ear and her throat is inflamed. She got an antibiotic and steroid shot. We, along with 14 of our besties, are headed out for the beach this weekend so I desperately need her to feel better by then. (Side note to any would be intruders: My peeps (C'burg slang for family) will still be at home because they are all busy little worker bees so don't try any funny stuff. PeePaw will know if one piece of gravel has been overturned in our driveway.)


I have to say that the wind completely left my sail when Adam said she had an ear infection. Although I am so thankfully that in 8 months this has been our one and only sickness I feel like since I go to the trouble of breastfeeding her she should NEVER be sick! Defeat has reared its ugly head. She has been so sweet even though she hasn't felt good.









Let me wrap up this ridiculously long post by saying that this time of the year always makes me a little sad. Kids that I have taught come by my room to say their goodbyes and some most of them I am actually fond of and am going to miss. Like this one. My little friend Rebecca. I don't know who is going to go pick up lunch for me next year when C'burg and myself are a thing of the past for her.


(GOOD GRACIOUS I look terrible. Did I even look in the mirror before I left this morning??)

1 comment: