Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

I am blindly giving over control of the blog to Adam for a special guest post. I am okay with it. Really. I am. Here's the hubby.

*I was not allowed to read/review anything that he puts in this post which has caused my controlling tendencies to go into overdrive. I'll be back Monday to confirm or deny anything that he says. *

For the past year, many of you have read about our adventures and everyday life thanks to my wonderful wife. She has been generous enough to tell some ridiculous and some what embarrassing stories about me and give you updates on our sweet little girl. However, after reading some of the blog posts myself, the narrator has failed to tell anything about herself. So for a Mothers Day gift to you other mothers who stalk follow the blog here are 10 things that you may or may not know about Elena a.k.a Best Mother in the World. (Reese gave me strict instructions to say that to make up for her not sleeping all night in her own bed).

1.She is easily entertained. If I had only known that bodily functions and animal voices made her laugh for hours on end, it would have made my job easier in the beginning.

2.She is a business teacher by default. One night in college she came to my house (also know as a trailer) crying because she had been working on a math problem for hours. Being the math genius I am, I worked the problem and came up with the same answer she had but different from what the back of the book had. I asked to see her book to look over the directions for the problem. Knowing now what I know this should not have surprised me, but she had copied the problem wrong from the book. That night I decided and declared that I would keep up with our finances and pay the bills, which has worked out well for us no matter what she says about it. I am sure she will have a comment on the last statement. (Side note: Countless tears were cried and a small forest was destroyed on scrap paper that night.)

3.She is the BEST back seat driver that I know. Since we had Reese, Mommy seats in the back to entertain Reese and watch the hair on her head grow (another story for another time). Who knew you could see the road so good from the back seat?

4.She loves geography. As we are riding down the interstate behind a car with a Canadian license plate, “How do they get those cars here from Canada…over all that water”?

5.She is the only person you will ever find that will start decorating for Fall/Thanksgiving in August and for Christmas in October. She also is the only person who thinks a wreath and a spot light are beautiful Christmas décor and turns her nose up to colored Christmas lights.

6.She is the only person that I know who can hitch hike with her big toe aka monkey feet.

7.She is the only person that I know who celebrates her birthday month and not just a single day. Starting August 1st I am informed that “It’s my birthday month”. (Did I mention she gets really, really excited about Holidays and special events)

8.She is well prepared for any event or anything that may come her way. She has a can of mace, a pistol and a butter knife in her bed side drawer at all times. (Note to any would be intruders. Don’t mess with her, because I am not sure which of the three you would get first, but I am positive you will get all three.)

9.She is one pair of bifocals away from being a maw-maw. She has to eat no later than 5 p.m., watch the weather, take a bath at 6 p.m., watch Wheel of Fortune at 6:30 p.m., have a midnight snake between 7-7:30 p.m. and in the bed and asleep before 8 p.m. She is very grouchy if that plan is deviated from the least.

10.Last but not least she has, without a question, a remarkable taste in men!!!!

P.S. I apologize to all English teachers for type-os and grammatical errors.

5 comments:

  1. OMG Elena....ya'll must laugh all day at each other!!! Ya'll are so funny! I love reading your blog, it makes me smile!! Good post A-Master!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that A-Master made his grand debut!!! Adam, you are right on the spot! #1 is sooo true. How can she be so immature!?!? ;) HA! #4- So hilarious! When she told me she said this, I loved it because throughout our friendship, I’ll admit, it’s usually me making those statements! #9- Once again, so true. I love when I tell her I am going to dinner or an event that starts at 8 or 9 pm or after & she just gasps like that’s the craziest thing she’s ever heard because we all know by that point she’s snoozing away. And finally, #10- I couldn’t agree more!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. and anxiously awaiting the rebuttal:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amy, I can't wait either. I am the last to say anything about grammar but Adam
    you shouldn't have said anything about her geography, because you had a couple of misspelled words. I love #10 because she has the best husband in the world. Only wish her daddy could take a few lesson. Love you three so much.

    ReplyDelete