Monday, May 9, 2011

Let me explain...

I have A LOT to tell y'all about my first Mother's Day, but first I have some explaining to do.

First I want to let you know that this is A-masters birthday week and I will be posting a list of things about him on Wednesday. I have had the list written for several weeks so there could be some redundancy between yesterday post, today's post, and Wednesdays post. (And how funny is it that A-master has jury duty this week. On his birthday week. Such a shame.)

Now lets go back and review his list about me.

1. If you could hear his Dixie, Autie, and Chinny (MeeMaws dog which is a Chihuahua so naturally he has a Spanish accent) voice you would laugh too. It is beyond hilarious when he pretends to be Dixie answering our telephone and says, "Robertson residence. Dixie Robertson speaking." Hilarious.

2. I have so much to say about this one. How much time do you have? My 2 favorite high school math teachers, Mrs. Crenshaw and Mrs. Higgins, can tell you what a terrible math student I was. College did not change that. I get all sweaty and flustered when math equations are mentioned. With all of its x's and y's. You can't trust anything that says a+b=c. It's not natural. The fact that I copied the problem down wrong was just the beginnging of my issues with math. And all that he tried to say about paying the bills....All I will say is that when I was in control of the bills we NEVER paid a late fee. Since he took over a year ago (mainly because he didn't like that I paid a bill the exact day it came in the mail)we have paid at least 2 late fees. (Side note: On Wednesday I am going to tell y'all why he got a business degree too.)

3. I HAVE to be a back seat driver or we would have already met our demise at one of the red lights he was about to run until I screamed.)

4. Okay, about the whole Canadian license plate thing... In my head I was thinking about Hawaii. Which I have a story that I might or might not tell about something I said my very first day of teaching.

5. Fall is my very favorite season and it doesn't last long enough. Every year for my birthday I let myself go ahead and put out my fall decorations. I won't even go into the colored Christmas light dilemma at our house. That is reserved for December and it causes our Annual Marital Fight. No need to bring it up in May.

6. I have wierd feet. Who doesn't? I can't be blamed for it.

7. Well, yeah! Of course I get the whole month for my birthday. Don't you? If not you should try it . It's a lot of fun.

8. But out of all those weapons don't forget my weapon of choice was the telephone when I was faced with a crisis.

9. I've been this way my whole life. I like schedules what can I say? Plus Reese loves Wheel of Fortune. It's a must see at our house. And since she came along I do not get to take a shower until she goes to bed and that isn't until after 8. The sacrifices we make for our kids.

10. A-master. He thinks he is hilarious. Can you tell?

I'll be back tomorrow to tell y'all about my first Mother's Day.

(Every since I let him get on and post I am having issues with the color of the font....I might have already mentioned this, but he is a bull in a China shop. The blog may never be the same. )

3 comments:

  1. You two are so funny! I'm sure there are lots of laughs in your house! Oh, and I have to watch Wheel of Fortune every night too. I get kindof upset when I have to miss it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot get over how much y'all sound alike when you wrote your posts. Too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I miss watching Wheel of Fortune SOO bad. Daniel has always made fun of me for it. I may have even gone so far as to record if it I knew I wouldn't be home in time to watch it... You two really should really sit down with some TV execs and put together a sitcom.

    ReplyDelete