Saturday, August 20, 2011

11 Months Old- Record Day

At 11 months she:





Weighs: 21lbs



Height:27 inches

















After 11 months she finally realized when I would stick the stickers on her shirt. She would not leave it alone.























Drinks only from a cup which was way easier than I had expected it to be.


She got her pictures made this morning (which I really want to show y'all, but I have to wait till the big birthday week) and she was NOT in a good mood. We are fairly sure she is cutting another tooth. Some how MeeMaw got this one of her smiling.

She shakes her head no anytime she doesn't want us to pick her up, or when she doesn't want to eat. If she is sleepy and we go toward her room she will shake it no. So cute.


I wasn't going to tell this until I could show the pictures, but we let her eat a cake for the pictures and she was only slightly impressed by real sugar. Seeing that gave my heart hope that she isn't going to be a junk food junky after all.


Can things I say on the blog be used against me in a court of law? If so I am about to self incriminate. Reese got to help her daddy drive to day care one day this week because her brilliant momma took the car seat with her. (Disclaimer: Before you go marking us off of your babysitter list for letting our 11 month old drive to day care they were on the dirt road (so redneck) the whole way and they didn't meet any other cars if that makes it any better. Which honestly, I think we've gotten a little up tight as a society. I spent my childhood doing the same thing around the same dirt road and no one thought anything of it. Starting at a young age has got to be why my driving skill far exceed her daddy's.) To ensure that doesn't happen again we went ahead and bought a convertible car seat yesterday for Adam to keep in his truck. And just like when her daddy was little and got a new pair of shoes he had to wear them out of the store she just had to ride in her new seat on the way home.






The verdict came back on the car seat....she thinks it's a mini Lay-Z-Boy.


(Please notice how she is hanging on to the cup holders with both hands. That was because her daddy was driving and things get scary when he's our pilot.)





She will tolerate baby food and even some real food, but loves puffs and Parents Choice Munchies in any flavor. I tried to give her potatoes and cinnamon rolls and she shakes her head no after 2 bites.





Gives the sweetest love! On demand she will "give love" which usually means putting her head on your shoulder and patting your back. Sometimes, if we're lucky, she will kiss us but she got tired of doing that after the 89th time we asked her to "give us sugar".


We went outside to eat watermelon this week and she loved it!














She usually has to watch her daddy cut the grass from the porch, but Friday she got to help. (If she can drive a car she can sure drive the lawn mower.)



Getting into our routine has been rough this week. She has needed a nap several afternoons.











After a couple month hiatus she is back in love with her Bumbo seat. She likes to climb on it and talk on the phone and read her books.













Besides getting to eat sugar for th first time today and getting a big girl car seat we also had another first today. She fell off of our bed this morning. I'm not going to say who let her fall off because I don't want HIM to feel bad about it. And since we got a king size the fall was farther than it would have been a few months ago. It was an ugly fall, but she recovered in a few minutes.

5 comments:

  1. If all these accidents continue to happen to Reesie Cup, she will have to come live with MeeMaw and PeePaw or Big Daddy and DD. On a lighter side, with her genes she is going to be accident prone!!!!
    So proud of the picture. Can't wait until the leaves turn and we can get more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE her watermelon pictures!

    To avoid buying 4 car seats, we just deemed the Envoy as the baby-mobile: whoever gets the boys, gets the Envoy. This is why I have to swap cars with my mama on the days that I work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. To help your feelings a little...it is supposedly good luck for a baby to fall off a bed before 1 yr of age!!! Whoever came up with that, I have no clue, but I have ALWAYS been told that!! Both of mine fell off of ours before 1 yr, but I know SEVERAL people (personally) who's kids didn't and the day before they turned a yr old, they put a pillow IN THE FLOOR and PUSHED their kids off! Now, I would never do such a thing, I would just have an unlucky child!!!! SO, all that said, Reese is a lucky girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so jealous that she will drink from a cup!!! I need your tips on that! Ellie hates drinking from a cup and it doesn't matter what is in there! We've tried juice, water, milk, formula, and nothing works!
    And it is super funny that she figured out about the shirt stickers. She probably won't forget by next month (which, if you are like me, you are probably kind of dreading...). :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, so I was going to ask you where you got those cute shirts with the months on it. It's a sticker . . . didn't know that until now! Oh, and two out of my three boys have either fallen off the couch or bed at a very young age too :)

    ReplyDelete