Thursday, August 11, 2011

A new year and a picky baby

School hasn't even started and I am exhausted. The last 2 nights I have been wide awake at 2am with a list of things I have to do running through my head. That list kept running and running until somewhere around 5am.


I had big plans of showing y'all some pictures of my classroom, but it ain't happenin' tonight. Mainly because it would require the effort of me going and getting my camera. Honestly, I am not sure I would make it back to the bed. Maybe one day next week.


I will say that there is nothing like the feeling of going back and teaching with the people who taught you. Every time I walk in the building I feel like I am 17 again and about to start my senior year. And Lord knows that was a time in life that I knew it all. What I'd give to feel that way again.



I have loved every minute of being at LHS this week. Granted the kids haven't come back yet. This time next week I may be singing a different song. Here's the thing. For the past 3 years I have taught 10th and 11th graders. In my opinion the older the better. This year I will be teaching 7th and 8th graders. When they came in open house today and I had to look down at them I knew I was in for a LOT of change this year. They are just little babies. But the beauty of it all is that they are little babies 10 minutes down the road as opposed to big babies an hour away. It's a beautiful thing.

I didn't really mean for this to happen, but we are without bottle now. Two weeks ago (or last week I honestly can't remember at this moment.) I tested her out for a day without the bottle. I thought it was going to be a tramatic experience. She never missed it. And I'll tell you what I won't miss....



This mess sitting out on the counter. I also won't miss washing the 16 different parts that are included with the Dr. Brown bottles. From a marketing stand point I can't believe people buy these things. Sometimes I would even have to get out q-tips to clean the straw that goes down the middle. Our next major obstical is the binky. Reese E Cup LOVES her binky. She only uses it at night, but it is a requirement for going to sleep and staying asleep. I should have taken it away while I was home this summer, but I was busy (doing what I don't exactly know. But just be sure to know that I was a busy lady.)

We've been getting ready for football season around here. The first day that it drops below 85 degrees my fall decor is coming out and we're having chicken chilli for supper. I can't wait.


I can't imagine where she gets this from, but our girl is PICKY. She refuses to eat her baby food, but loves all the baby junk foods like Puffs. See for yourself.



2 comments:

  1. Those Dr. Browns were a pain! I eventually just got rid of off the stuff that went in them (straw, lid, nipples, etc.) and just put a plain ol regular baby bottle top on them and they worked perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the video! It reminds me so much of my boys when they were her age. I hope you have a great year at LHS and War Eagle . . . love Reese's uniform!

    ReplyDelete