Sunday, August 7, 2011

She got some bling

Oh me. I don't even know what to say. Other than I was a nervous wreck. Last night we went to eat with our peeps, Adam and Adrianne, and then we headed over to the mall to....drum roll please....pierce our girls ears. Up until the moment they pulled the trigger I wasn't sure I was going to go through with it.


Adrianne played photographer and I owe her because if not for her we would have no pictures. Mainly because this momma was slightly unnerved.


Here I am signing off that we wouldn't sue if something went wrong. Over dinner I had already been pondering how I would live with myself if she got some type of infection and her ear fell off or something else of equal horror value. I obviously wasn't that worried about it because we went through with it. We meaning me because her daddy wasn't completely on board. (I think he was hesitant so that on the off chance that something did go wrong he could point the finger at me.)


I wanted to go ahead and get this over now because if she has an ounce of her momma in her she will have a zero pain tolerance later in life.

She wasn't happy about them trying to hold her head still. But she was much more tolerant once the bottle came out which was all I had in my arsenal. (Getting a bottle in the middle of the afternoon is a treat these days because since Monday she has only gotten a bottle at naptime/bedtime. Otherwise we are all about the sippy cup.)








Once everything was ready it all happened so fast that I almost missed it.



And it was over just like that.



She cried for about 2 minutes and then she was a happy girl again. With beautifully pierced ears.




After it was all said and done they told me the post piercing procedure: turn and clean with solution 3 times a day for 6 weeks. In other words if you need me anytime in the next 6 weeks there is a better than average chance I'll be overseeing her ear maintenance.

5 comments:

  1. I knew when I read your blog post title, you had got her ears pierced! I am with you girl!!!! If I had girls, I would do it, too! The earlier the better I would think!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How funny that y'all got her ears pierced! AK has been begging, I guess I have to now. Thanks Elena!! Just kidding. I said that when she started asking that we would do it. I just didn't think it would be this early. She looks like a little princess!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love her pierced ears, but seeing the pics of her crying breaks my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now she is on her way to being a big girl. I think we refer to it as High Maintance!!! Love them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. She looks beautiful with her ears pierced!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete