Thursday, November 10, 2011

Last weekend and randomness

Blogger is still mad with me which hopefully explains why most of the following pictures are going to be cut off. I am having to upload them from Photobucket and I have never had good luck with that.

Last weekend. Oh, last weekend. I am still exhausted just thinking about it. It caused Reese to make this face
Photobucket

Naturally since we already had 4 scheduled events on Saturday I went ahead and added one more to the list. Christmas card pictures. (Why must I punish myself?) Friday while at school I was mentally looking through my closet and realized to my dismay that I had nothing suitable to wear. After school I loaded up the girl, put in a call to our personal shopper (BFF Steph), and we were on our way with a mission in mind. Adam decided that if he was going to eat then he would have to meet us. (This is where I would like to interject and let you know that my life is complete again because Firehouse Subs is coming back to our area. Joy floods my soul.) And because he can't be out done he decided that he too needed a Christmas card outfit. We shopped around and got into no less than 3 arguments because, y'all, the boy struggles with taste in the apparal department. It is sad. It was after he picked out a sweater vest that I started planning my wardrobe for divorce court. At the very least I started picturing the news headlines: OFFICALS CALLED TO KOHLS OVER HUSBAND WIFE CHRISTMAS CLOTHING DISPUTE. Eventually we compromised, bought a shirt, and saved our marriage.

We went ahead and got the pictures over with first thing Saturday morning and then headed to Hertitage day in Lineville. Yes, I ate a funnel cake. Would you believe that my very own mother had never eaten a funnel cake? I couldn't beleive it either. She didn't say so much, but it changed her life. I know it did.

We then proceeded to rush to Adam's 10 year class reunion while Reese caught a quick cat nap on the way.

We left there and went straight to my niece Andi's birthday party. Followed directly by going to D.D. and Big Daddy's to watch The Game of the Century. And don't you dare think for a minute that Adam was going to miss a play of it. By the 3rd quarter Reese was exhausted. Just typing it all here is making me tired again.

Photobucket

By Sunday she had gotten herself and extra hour of sleep and was ready to go again. (Not really. Whoever is in charge of all this time changing does not have a baby. It messes up a good routine. Lets get decide on one and stick to it people.)
Photobucket

This is so random, but as I mentioned a while back I am still doing the once a month grocery shopping and menu planning. I love it although I have let myself down a few times and had to go to the grocery store mid month. I would like to share with you something I found. You may already know about it and if you do I am going to forgive you for not telling me about it. Let me introduce to you Mr. Velveeta goodness in a box. It is processed cheese at its finest. My mouth just watered thinking about it. (Maybe it was so good to me because I had low expectations??)
Photobucket

Last night as we were watching the CMA Awards Adam told me had I not snagged him he felt sure that Sara Evans would have. Let him dream. Just let him dream. There are some statements that come from his mouth that I simply must overlook.

The most unfortunate thing about this video is that I am in it. IN. MY. FLANNELS. I'll say it again. Adam is one lucky man. Anyway, anytime music comes on Reese will do this little dance. So funny!









There is something I have been meaning to discuss and I guess now is as good of a time as any. My hair. Over the last...I don't know...3 months I have started having hair along my hair line sticking out everywhere. It can best be described as baby bangs. So at first I just pretended not to see it. Then I did what I do anytime a health/beauty issue arises. I googled it. And you know what I found out? (If you have a baby, then yes, you already know) I found out that it is new growth after losing so much after having Reese. Who knew? Y'all, she is 13 months old. When do all these pregnancy induced phyiscal changed stop showing up to ruin my day. Is this how it is with every baby? Because I had almost talked myself into having another one in a couple of years, but not now. It will take a couple of years for these baby bangs to grow out. Is there anything that can be done? Please tell me there is.

P.S. Please excuse any spelling errors. If I try to spell check blogger deletes my pictures. I'm telling you if he doesn't straighten up I am calling it quits on this blogging.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, it happens with every. single. child. I'm wondering if it's the same hairs that fall out and grow back in because with each one there is one hair. Where it parts. That sticks straight up. Mark just snickers when it grows back in. I have my own Alfaalfa do! But, I have to say all these prenatal and post natal goofiness...they're worth it for each kid that comes along! Children are blessings from God. And apparently pretty adaptable when we run them ragged on a weekend (we've done that a time or two as well!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fact Adam said that about Sara Evens is hilarious. Justin said a similar thing but it was about his best girl Carrie Underwood.

    ReplyDelete