Monday, November 28, 2011

Thanksgiving

You know what I love about Thanksgiving? Other than it is one of two times a year my Nanny cooks. I love that I get to see all these faces in one place.


There are 2 missing faces- Brandon and Mason- but isn't that typical of little boys? Refusing get their picture made.

The other thing I love about it is that we all get together, eat at two long tables side by side, and talk as loud as we can over each other. It is a beautiful, chaotic thing. There have been years that most of us have left with headaches and it wasn't because of the kids. Tis the season.

This year I took my camera, but left my memory card at home. Good thing A-master bought that snazzy new iPhone 4S because it has a camera that me and my antique 3GS can only dream of.



Rest assured these horses do not belong to the family. Some people rent Nanny's pasture and I am sure they would be pleased to know that PeePaw roped this horse with Clay's belt and a few of the kids rode it while PeePaw lead. My favorite part was when Clay told PeePaw not to mess up his belt because it was not only his school belt, but also his church belt.



This is pretty much how the afternoon went down. Various forms of tackling and hide and seek. Even PeePaw got involved in one game. The only time I've seen him run faster was when he let 2 hot wires touch in the electrical box one unfortunate day a couple of years ago. Don't let him tell you otherwise. The man can run when sparks are flying. And when grandchildren are chasing him back to base.



Here is one of my favorite. This picture sums up Little Red in one photographic package. He is a little bit rebel mixed with a lot of charm.





Most pictures of Reese look something like this because she is in full walking/running mode.


Friday night we went to the last football game for the Lineville Aggies. We must be bad luck because both games we went to this year ended in a lose. When BFF Steph held Reese she said she felt like she was holding a small smowman.
Photobucket

Saturday we helped MeeMaw put up her tree and Reese proceeded to fall out the back door of her house leaving quiet the little goose egg on her head. Then we headed to Big Daddy and D.D.'s for supper and to watch the game. During half time we took a little break from the beating we were taking and rode around in the Cozy Coupe. This little girl loves the Cozy Coupe. To bad I can't upload the video so you can see her smiling with her hair flying in the wind while loving life in that precious red and yellow yard sale find. Aunt Shelia really knows her yard sales.


Matter of fact the only picture I can get uploaded is this one. Wouldn't it be the one that the dog is sniffing her? And with pink pants on.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment