Monday, November 21, 2011

We can offically be seen from space

I know you are all busy people with lives outside of blog reading, but before you read this post it is essential that you go back and read this one if you missed it last year. If you read it last year (and you are still reading about us this year God bless you) then you already know about Adam's love of tacky Christmas decorations.


Friday night the Outside Decorating Committee (meaning Adam) went to Target to get lights because there was no way another year could go by at his house with only a wreath and a spotlight. And, bless his little heart, I watched as his eyes lit up when we passed all the colored tackiness on our way to the more sophisticated clear lights. He calculated up how many strands would be needed to line the house, started piling boxes into the buggy, and I heard him utter to himself, "this is going to be MAGNIFICENT". I really don't know if you can appreciate how excited he was about all of this. The only thing that would have made it better would be if the Outside Decorating Committee had the power to overrule me and get colored blinking lights. (If you ever drive by my house and see colored lights call the police because Adam has me handcuffed and locked in a closet somewhere.)




I am happy to report that no A-master was injured during this process.


How long is it okay to laugh at yourself? Because, let me tell you, I have watched the following video countless times this weekend and have laughed till no sound comes out every time. I know, its really not that funny, but y'all, when Adam says "drum roll" at the beginning it gets me. Oh, how it gets me every time. And don't think for a minute that he doesn't have a remote control to turn the lights on and off at his convenience. Seriously, he's just like Clark. If only we had a cousin Eddy.


Big Daddy and D.D. stopped by for the lighting ceremony. We even had our baby out in the night air in her jammies to watch it all unfold. (Our grandmothers would give me a whole list of negative things that night air causes in babies if they knew that.) (Brace yourself because you are about to see his greatest accomplishment to date.)



(P.S. Adam turned the lights off at the end in an effort to be dramatic. Such a girl.)


There is a small, small part of me that would have given anything if the lights would not have lit up. I realize that is so mean, but nothing gives me greater delight than to see Adam on a tirade about something not working properly.


Of course we had to get in the car and drive to be sure you could see it from the road. As if there was any doubt.

6 comments:

  1. Now all he needs is the music box that makes them dance. He can have ours!! Yes we own one and it will not be in use at the new house. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! And...I really don't understand your hatred of colored Christmas lights. The Colored ones are just so much more fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I AM LAUGHING SO HARD I AM CRYING....I HAVE NO WORDS EXCEPT WE HAVE THE MOST HILARIOUS FRIENDS!!! :) LOVE YALL!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. AND I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE Reese Cup's new picture at the top!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The new picture of Reese is over the top. There will be a donation box at the end of the drive way for anyone wanting to donate for the power bill in January.
    The only thing you lack now is a circle drive from Nubbin Creek Rd. to 31.

    ReplyDelete