Thursday, November 3, 2011

Swanky resturants and Halloween

Let's go back to last Friday. Actually let me back up to last year.

Last year I spent our anniversary just the way I envisioned I would when I was walking down the aisle in a long white dress about to pledge my life to Adam. Nursing a 1 month old baby while intermittently crying. Oh, yeah and mad at the world that I was going to have to go back to work and leave her. Let me tell you, having a baby is quiet the undertaking. Anyway, Adam basically forced me to leave her and go to Oxford for dinner. When we left her at D.D.'s they basically had to pry her from my hands. Then I cried most of the trip to Oxford and couldn't wait to get back.

I've come a long way in a year. MeeMaw brought her to the pep rally last Friday (another perk of working close to home) and wouldn't it be true that on the afternoon we planned our anniversary dinner she had a fever. I went back and forth with myself whether or not to leave her or cancel our dinner reservation. (Because remember we went to a "swanky place without prices on the menu" and had to get a reservation. Also a far cry from Olive Garden last year.) After much deliberation we decided that the fever was coming from cutting teeth (even though every Dr. in America will say that a fever doesn't accompany teething. Well, well, Dr. E. Robertson, a momma whose baby now has almost 4 teeth firmly believes it does.) We left her at MeeMaw's house and on our way to drop her off her diaper sprung a leak and (I'm at a loss for how to word this???) I got tinkled on. Tee teed on? Pee Peed on? There are so many options. I know, I know. You don't have to tell me. My life is all glitz and glamour.


We arrived shortly after 6 at our destination. I knew upon arrival that we were going to stick out like sore thumbs. We dressed nice and everything, but I felt a lot of people staring at us when we forwent a glass of wine and asked, "do y'all have sweet tea?" It was down hill from there. (Right here I so want to cut a joke that includes the name of the road we live on, but I don't know if that is safe to do on the World Wide Web.) The food was really good and the place was beautiful. A-master was a tiny bit wrong about the prices. The prices are listed, but without the dollar sign in front of them. Anyway, we recommend it if you have a special occasion coming up. Here's the link if you're interested. Although we looked at the dessert menu Adam thought it much wiser to stop by Wendy's on the way home and get a frosty. What can I say? I married a man of sophisticated taste.

On Saturday morning we went to Brandi's to meet up with the girls. I have no doubt they will all get together and talk about their momma's one day for doing this to them. There were 2 babies crying and 5 grown girls laughing histerically as this picture was taken.

Photobucket
I can't tell you how much trouble this post has been. I have spent countless minutes of my life that I will never get back trying to upload these pictures.

Sunday afternoon we went to MeeMaw and PeePaw's to carve our pumpkins. Reese was very impressed with them and thought they made great teething toys.
Photobucket

Photobucket


Sidenote: Did ya'll know that dark gray and light gray are fashionable this year? Personally, I think it is my best look.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I put this picture in black and white in an effort to minimize my need for highlights. Momma has let herself go.
Photobucket


In comparison to my peeps I look homeless, but I love this picture. That little poodle melts my heart.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

MeeMaw made this Halloween dress for her. I would love to upload a short video of her screaming mad trying to pull the dress off, but blogger is still mad with me. I laughed so hard when she was trying to pull it off because that was exactly the kind of thing I did on Sunday's as a child. I hated nothing more than an "itchy" dress.

Photobucket

Monday night our Sunday School class had a booth at the Trunk or Treat on the square. I honestly did not know there were so many kids in this county.



I just pray that she never needs counseling and claims that all her troubles began when her momma dressed her as a pink poodle. And I am confident that it will never embarrass her that I dressed as a lady bug.


This could be the best Popeye and Olive Oil of all time.





Here's to hoping that next year I can outdo the poodle suit. It will be an uphill battle.

P.S. Because I told her I would I must give props to BFF Steph for finding the poodle suit. She is now Reese's personal shopper.

1 comment: