Friday, November 18, 2011

A week in recipes

Well, 4 nights if you want to be exact. First, let me tell you that Pinterest has changed my life. I am up to my chin in recipes I am trying and crafts that I am making. It could turn into a full time job. So I wanted to share with all of you. Adam has been questioning what happened to his wife after all the cooking I have done this week.

(And let me note that even though the recipes don't call for this a baby can be carried on your hip while making all of these.)

Monday:


(Adam is still talking about this recipe)(Let me also say that I edited some (or most) of these.)

Jalapeno Stuff Chicken
8 ounces of cream cheese
1/2 cup shredded cheese
2 jalapeno peppers (I only used 1 because I wanted to be able to feel my mouth next week)
4 strips of bacon, diced
4 skinless/boneless chicken breast
1 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
1/4 cup vegtable oil
Cook bacon, Stir together cream cheese, cheddar cheese, bacon, pepper, in small bowl.
Cut pocket horizontally through thickest part
Fill chicken with mixture secure with toothpicks (This caused me more than a little distress, but the chicken did stay together.)
Roll in breadcrumbs to coat
Heat oil in skillet over medium heat about 8 minutes on each side
If chicken is really thick finish in oven on 350. (I put mine in the oven just for safe measure. Nothing is more disturbing than possibly eating raw poultry.)


Loaded Mashed Potatoes
5lbs potatoes peeled and cubed
3/4 cup sour cream
1/2 cup milk
3 tablespoons butter
salt/pepper
3 cups shredded cheese
1/2 lb bacon cooked and crumbled (I only cooked 2 pieces because I don't need an artery stopped up before I put up my Christmas tree(s) this weekend.)

Put potatoes in dutch oven, cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 10-15 minutes
Drain and place in a large bowl. Add sour cream, milk, butter, salt/pepper. Beat on medium speed until light and fluffy
Stir in 2 cups of cheese and bacon
Grease baking dish. Transfer potatoes to the dish. Top with remaining cheese.
Bake uncovered for 30 minutes on 350 until heated throughout and cheese is melted.

Tuesday
Crock Pot Broccli and Cheese Soup
1/2 cup green pepper chopped
1/2 cup onion chopped
2 tablespoons butter
1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
1 1/2 cup milk
1lb velveeta cheese cubed
1 (10 ounce) pack frozen chopped broccoli (I put mine in the food processor because I don't like big pieces of broccoli)

Saute onion and pepper in butter. Combine all ingredients in crock pot for 3-4 hours.

Wednesday
Tacos
I will not post that recipe because I feel certain that all of you know how to brown ground beef and add the Taco Bell seasoning found at the Wal Mart.

Thursday



Crockpot Italian Chicken (my crockpot hasn't received this much attention since....ever.)
4 chicken breast (I cut mine into small bite size pieces, but the recipe did not call for that.)(I am just real creative like that.)
1 packet Zesty Italian dressing seasoning
1 8 ounce packet of cream cheese (softened)
2 cans cream of chicken soup
Cook on low for 4 hours (or if you have a life outside of the kitchen like me cook it on high for 2 hours and pray that it's ready because you are starving)
Add milk if sauce is too thick.
Serve over pasta.

Friday
Somebody better be taking Momma out to eat for all the work she has put in this week in the cooking department.

And here is the girl in her Ho Ho jammies. For a while now she has had a thing for wash cloths...yeah, more than a little strange if you ask me. When she finds one she will carry it around until she sees something shiney and gets distracted.



Happy Friday!! If you need me this weekend I will be watching The Santa Clause and decorating my house with all sorts of ideas found on Pinterest.

2 comments:

  1. LOVE my crockpot. My goal at some point is to have enough crockpot recipes that we really love to use it every day for a week.

    ReplyDelete