Wednesday, March 21, 2012

1 and a 1/2

She was 18 months old yesterday. I am going to try not to be dramtic about this, but y'all. If she keeps this pace up she is going to FORCE me to have another baby because really, in the grand scheme of things, I adore having a baby at my house. That exact thought crosses my mind at least once a week and then she does something like wake up at 2 A.M. and I roll my eyes at the thought of EVER having another one. Because why? Why would I do that to myself? I have this one trained to sleep through the night (most nights), and call for her milk when she wants it. My goodness she is practically raised.  
Photobucket

But then I look at that little face and I feel like it would be doing myself an injustice not to have another one. If she wasn't so darn cute:)
Photobucket

Photobucket

She and Autie have a love/hate relationship. It reminds me so much of my childhood because I don't remember a time that I didn't have a rat terrier that I was putting diapers on, painting its toenails, and pushing in a baby doll stroller. (Here's to hoping nothing happens to Autie because Adam says if something happens to our current K9's we are NOT getting another dog.)(We'll see.)
Photobucket

Photobucket

She would make a great little politican waving like she needs a vote.
Photobucket

She has a doctors appointment next week so maybe I will remember to come back and update her weight and height.

She wears 12 month clothes, size 3 diapers, size 2-3 shoes, and she HATES sandals. She only wants to wear her pink boots and Nikes. Saturday we had our first clothing argument. I wanted her to wear a little cotton dress, but she pitched a fit when I tried to put it over her head. She ended up wearing jeans and the Easter HOP shirt I had made her. She will only wear hair bows when she doesn't realize they are in her hair.

She has the craziest hair I have ever seen. You daycare moms don't judge me for the way she looks every morning. There is nothing we can do with it. I am thinking that another trim is in our near future. It is so frizzy in the back. When she wakes up and I tell her how messy her hair is she starts patting it down.

She has started being a good little napper. She takes roughly a 2 hour nap on Sundays after church. I usually have to tickle her and talk loud to her on the way home so she doesn't fall asleep during the ride home. Sometimes when I'm tickling her feet her little eyes are closing because she is so tired.  She goes to sleep around 7-7:30 and we get her up at 6:30 during the week and she gets us up around 7:30 on the weekends. See what I mean? Trained.

Why is it that when I type her monthly post I can't remember what all she can say/do? Here are a few words from her vocabulary that I can think of: "mook" (milk), paci, she has started calling me "momm-ie" and Adam is "dad-ie", "sixie" (Dixie), Aubie (Autie), "G" (Uncle G), MawMaw, PawPaw, D.D., some form of Big Daddy, shoes, socks, "thee" (three), "suse you" (excuse you), tank you (thank you).

She has 2 main loves of her life. Her paci and her "mook" (milk).

Speaking of her paci.Monday afternoon we went to see Rudy and on the way back she started saying something that sounded like "Betsy"...we thought she might have been trying to rename Rudy. She started getting mad when we couldn't figure out what she was saying. Y'all. She was calling for her "pa-ci." When we walked in the door she spotted one she got so excited and started laughing and reaching for it. I honestly have no idea how we are going to get rid of it. I keep reading about the "binky fairy" coming during the night and replacing the paci with a new toy, or sending them off in balloons. That's all real nice Clark, but I don't planning on waiting until she can understand what all of that means. She is absolutely adament about getting it in the morning on the way to daycare, in the afternoons on the way home, and at bedtime. I feel sure if she had a choice she would give me away before the paci.

She loves to be "at-side" (outside).

Anytime shoes are laying around the house she puts them on. No matter whose they are.

Girl has got moves let me tell you. One day I was saying that I didn't know where she got them and somebody said she must have picked up on some of the moves while I was pregnant with her at C'burg. Very good point.

Her favorite songs are the Itsy Bitsy Spider, I'm bringing home a baby bumblebee, and the Hokey Pokey which is what we do while changing her clothes.

According to her daddy her strong will and hard headedness comes from me while her best traits come straight from his side of the family. He clearly hasn't ever lived with himself. And her looks? Oh, she gets all her cuteness from him. Bless his heart. He clearly lacks confidence.

Yesterday afternoon while we were "at-side" playing he came back.
Photobucket

That is most certainly, without a doubt, the lizard that came in the house 2 weeks ago. Look at its tail. It has endured some kind of trauma that cut it off. It was me. I was the trauma.



4 comments:

  1. Next thing you know she'll be 4 1/2 (sigh:/), and you'll be deemed crazy for making a fuss over it;).

    I honestly can't imagine my life without a baby/toddler/preschooler at my house...the mounds of laundry, million messes, dirty feet, wet kisses, birthday parties, dance, t-ball...what will I do when they're grown and gone?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the same way!!! I feel nostalgic for a baby, and Ellie is SO cute, but there are some things that are just SO nice about her being older!! :) Good luck on figuring that out.
    And one last thing....I HATE lizards. They regularly get sucked up by the vaccuum attachment. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elena.. the cutest little thing I have ever seen is that baby girl in those pink cowgirl boots !! the lizard is sooo cute peeping around the corner , but they scare me half to death if one gets in the house , i will tear a wall down to get it OUT !! lol .. keep on blogging !! love Bev

    ReplyDelete
  4. No doubt Reese got her looks from Adam because her momm ie kept hers. Just had to say that because it is a family joke.
    It is amazing how fast she is growing and taking on her own personality. Just so sweet!!

    ReplyDelete