Thursday, March 1, 2012

Thursday thoughts

I have a few random thoughts that are weighing heavy on my heart today, and I think I would feel better if I share them with you.

1. I slept 12.5 seconds last night. Reese woke me up somewhere around 12 by doing the shrieking cry while saying "MAMAMA" so she slept with us the rest of the night. Somehow she ended up on my side of the bed and I was in the middle. She would not share my pillow with me. When I asked Adam to share his he grumbled something along the lines of, "you have 3 pillows in this bed why do I have to share mine"?


Then he started asking me about the weather since it sounded like we were about to be blown away and I thought for sure he was talking in his sleep, but he wasn't. He was reminding me for the umpteenth time that we need a weather radio and blah blah blah. I might or might not have thrown away a weather radio that came in the mail one time and good gracious I will never hear the end of it.

2. Last night Reese rekindled her friendship with her bouncy chair while I told her about how she slept in it right beside our bed when she was brand new. I fought the ugly cry that I could feel burning my eyes because wasn't that just last week?

Photobucket

3. A couple of weeks ago our friends Abby and Jeremy brought their new baby Elli over to meet everybody. Reese did not appreciate Elli taking all her thunder at D.D. and Big Daddy's. Her behavior when I tried to hold Elli answered a lot of lingering questions I had about her ever being a big sister. It simply won't work.
Photobucket

Photobucket

4. When she reads her books she likes to kick back and relax. And she ALWAYS crosses her legs because she is a lady.
Photobucket


Photobucket


5. I am considering making the blog private because I am highly paranoid and more than a touch crazy. What are your thoughts? (About making it private not about me being crazy.) If you have to login before reading it will you go to the trouble of doing that? Or just be annoyed with me and never read the blog again? (I won't know that you login or anything like that. It will allow email addresses of people I have given access to see the blog and no one else.)

6. I started running this week. Well. Walking/running.
Nobody is more shocked by this than me. I have also been sick for over a week now so I sound like a 90 year old who smokes 2 packs a day while I'm running. In sticking with tradition I would have probably only ran a day or two and then quit (because that's what normally happens and I don't want to break any personal records), but a girl I work with has started going with me so there is a slight chance I might stick to it. (For at least 2 weeks and when my legs don't appear to be getting any more toned I will fall back into my usual cycle of eating a bacon, egg, and cheese biscuits for breakfast and sugar cookies as a late night snack.) But, really, it makes me feel so much better to get a little exercise.

7. Reese has her PawPaw right where she wants him. Outside counting the cows while playing in his hair. There is a rumor PawPaw is getting a baby calf to bottle feed (and later use for meat, but don't tell Reese. That could devastate her.) and she is going to be so excited when that calf arrives. Bless its heart. She may love it to death.


Photobucket

8. Teaching 7th and 8th graders is hands down the most challenging thing I have ever done. The drama, oh the drama. It is never ending and has caused me to march myself right to the brink of insanity and peer over the edge. The level of immaturity has caused me to almost lose it standing right in front of the black board. Any helpful suggestions? 10th graders had problems, but it was NOTHING like this.

9. That's all. Yay for tomorrow being Friday:)


4 comments:

  1. Elena leave your blog as is. I am not very good on computer but enjoy reading your blog so much. You have a way of telling your stories that have me mesmerized. You are so funny. You should consider writing a book.
    Joyce McDonald

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love reading your blog and laugh out loud at your stories,, seriously, I am with Mrs Joyce , you should, strike that , i mean COULD write a book ! you just have a way about telling the things going on in your life, its like you are sitting here with me , telling them, i can picture your beautiful self telling them just to me, while Reese is playing with my hair ! hahaha.. Beverly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now Elena...I thought Reese LOVED it when you held Elli! I mean, isn't that what climbing in your lap next to her, staring you in the face, and bouncing up and down means?? Maybe not..? ha!! She is precious :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1. Yes, it does seem like it was just yesterday!!!!
    2. You know I'm all for the private blog now. (Before I had Ellie, I wasn't, but I completely understand it now!!)
    3. I don't know how you teach 7th and 8th graders!!!! You've made it a lot longer than I probably would have!

    ReplyDelete